Salesforce.com Data Migration With Ease
What you'll learn
- Learn to migrate data between systems for initial implementations of Salesforce.com
- Learn to update values on existing records in mass, instead of one record at a time
- Clean up existing records the easy way
- All using free tools available to any SFDC Sys Admin working on a PC
- A PC computer running either Windows Vista or Windows 7 OS
- Recommended: MS Excel or a similar spreadsheet program that includes a vlookup function
This course is for Salesforce.com System Administrators who already know how to configure the platform, but who want to add mass data manipulation competency to their skill set. In this course you will learn how to manipulate large quantities of data at once, instead of one record at a time.
You should have either completed the Udemy "Salesforce.com Admin Essentials for Beginners" course or have at least a year of on-the-job experience as a Sys Admin before taking this course, since basic Admin knowledge is assumed. Note: The primary tools used in this course run on PCs, but not Macs.
In this course you will learn key skills needed in the workplace for System Administrators or Implementation consultants.
- What do you do when you add a new field to existing records, given that the field will be blank on all records?
- What do you do during an initial implementation of Salesforce, to get existing data from the system the company had been using into the new one?
This course will answer these questions and more. Learn the tools to use, how to use them, and the choices you will make along the way. Included are the following handouts:
- A critical checklist for data migrations; and
- Important keys to working with more complex migrations involving special objects like Products and Campaigns.
Once you complete this course you should feel confident working with large amounts of data with a data competency. You may even decide that you would like to specialize in this area. It is a unique skill set that even many seasoned System Administrators lack. And you can start learning now and be able to apply your skills on the job within the week.
Note that the primary tool used in the course is PC specific, but later lectures explore alternate techniques and tools that can be used in a Mac environment.
Who this course is for:
- Salesforce.com System Administrators
- Familiarity with creating new fields and reports is assumed
Hello, I am the founder of Aspiratech. In early 2007 I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and took a temp job at a transportation logistics company for a position requiring two weeks of training. The day before I began, the employee I was filling in for decided to leave early for maternity leave. It turned out that she had been acting as the de facto Salesforce System Administrator at the company, and no one else knew how to configure the system. I hit the ground running and was able to learn enough to improve efficiency considerably, so much so that the company decided to invest in my further training to increase the value of what I could do for them. It turned out I had a real knack for the technology, finding it gave me the opportunity to apply the breadth of business experience I'd gained over the years to use technology to solve real world business problems. A year and a half later I founded Aspiratech, an online business technology consulting firm specializing in Salesforce and other cloud technologies.
Since that time, as the final step of every implementation of Salesforce, Aspiratech has trained literally hundreds of new Sys Admins to maintain and continue to customize the new system we set up for their companies. Most of these new Sys Admins come from non-technical backgrounds, such as administration, marketing, sales and support. Quite a few have since gone on to achieve full Salesforce.com certification. Others have decided not to pursue certification, finding more fascinating opportunities opening up to them simply because they can do more where they are now, have contact with more levels of the company, and garner appreciation from more of their co-workers, thus increasing their job security and upward mobility. I am happy to now offer a similar training to you in the hope that it will be a foundational part of your accelerated career success.