Sales Skills: Selling Ideas to Senior Leadership
What you'll learn
- You will learn to be comfortable in front of your CEO.
- You will understand the perspective of venture capitalists and investors.
- You will learn how to craft an investor pitch deck.
- You will learn the "Soft Skills" that can help you sell.
- You will view your products and services from the customer perspective.
- Sales Training shouldn't be limited to the sales staff. The folks who support the sale need training, too.
- This course is designed for techies, but the principles are universal.
- There are no pre-reqs, but consider reviewing "Become the Leader on Effective Workplace Communication."
Communication 503: Selling Ideas to Senior Leadership. You have a great idea. How do you convince your management to invest in it?
Companies are getting leaner and flatter, and the managerial chain between the technical folks and the decision makers is getting shorter. As a techie, you MUST be able to “sell” to your ideas directly to leadership, both internal and external. Engaging communication is essential in any type of sales situation. You might not be the Account Executive, but you are part of the sales process. In this seminar, we will use several real world examples to help you develop the skills and perspective to communicate with Director Level and C-Suite Level management.
This course is not a typical "sales training" or "how to sell" course, but it does have a lot of overlap with those topics. You will learn how to focus and refine your ideas, understand what's important to all levels of an on organization, and most important, understand THE BUYER!
Who this course is for:
- This course is great for technical people who want to build great careers.
- This course is designed for anyone who's job involves analyzing or presenting technical concepts.
- This course is designed for technical specialists. Engineers, app developers, biochemists, statisticians and anyone else who has a technical background.
- It's sales training for those who support your sale. The techies have a role, too!
Do you want to build a great career? You MUST be able to communicate!
When senior executives are asked what technical people can do to advance their careers, the answer is quite consistent: Improve communication skills. Effective communication skills in the workplace are essential for every engineer, programmer, developer, statistician or biochemst, microbiologist....
I come from a technical background, and in my 15 years of management consulting, I've had the privilege of managing large groups of technically brilliant people. I've seen the career challenges you're seeing both as a young "techie," and also as a consultant and project manager. Learn some "Tools for Techies," and you'll be on your way to success.
Please feel free to contact me if you'd like:
- to share an idea for a new communication course.
- a new course about consulting.
- information about Lean Six Sigma (I'm a Black Belt.)
- information about Project Management (I'm a PMP®.)