Fundmentals in Robot C and VEX Robotics
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Assemble a test rig with a motor and several sensors
- Use the Robot C interface to set up motors and sensors
- They will understand and apply motor control commands
- They will write loops and forever loops which have the robot constantly checking sensor inputs
- They will use variable which stores distance to an obstacle. This variable then serves as a motor input which will drive the motor by placing ones hand closer to and further from the sensor
- Students need to have a Windows computer or a virtual Windows app running on a Mac
- Students need to install Robot C Available from VEX.com
- You need to purchase one VEX programming kit
Why Vex Robotics?
VEX Robotics is the ultimate robotics platform for the 7-10 Digital Technologies Curriculum. VEX has text based coding in the most universal programming language: "C'. It also has a capacity for data management and analysis and finally, VEX has a capacity to use coding and robotics to solve real world problems.
What is special about this course?
After eight lessons, students complete several quite advanced examples of INPUT / OUTPUT programming whereby they control the speed and the direction of a motor by bringing their hand closer to and further from a distance sensor. This task is broken down into the simplest possible steps; in each step students add two to three lines of code, experiment with changing variables and observing the output of the robot. This ensures that they understand not only what each line of code does, but how it does it and what will happen when it changes.
- Anyone who just acquired a VEX robotics kit and is keen to get started
- Robotics enthusiasts looking into the VEX platform
- Robotics Enthusiasts looking to program Robot C