What you'll learn
- Recognize your own tools to coping with anxiety
- Use the power of focus to redirect your attention.
- Assess your helpful versus unhelpful patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving
- Practice meditation to free your mind
- Access happy memories on demand to self-soothe
- Understand the psychological science of cognitive behavioral and motivational interviewing that guides this course
- Break free of old patterns of responding to fear to achieve your goals
Do you want to remain calm in the face of conflict?
Do you want to address issues that are bothering you with confidence?
Do you want to overcome fears that are holding you back from asking for a job promotion or quitting to start your own business?
This course may be a right fit for you. It has mostly voice and power point. Just learned how to keep my image throughout slides. It's a very raw course. The information however is tried and tested.
I too suffered from social anxiety in my early twenties. Now I comfortably present award winning speeches (Toastmasters) in front of crowds of 50- 100 people or more. Anxiety could rob us of so much we would really like to try. From dating people, to sharing our feelings, to starting our dream career or own business.
- Learn a tried and tested CBT (thoughts, feelings, behavior) based approach to addressing anxiety.
- Discover the strengths you already have to cope.
- Assess and practice new techniques to see how you feel.
- Determine the activities that help you the most and put them to the test.
- Identify how to help other manage with stigma and not seeking further attention.
- Practice the STARS process (self awareness, tenacity, attention, retaining positives and reframing negatives and strategic planning) throughout the course.
Who this course is for:
- Masters level Interns looking for new cognitive behavioral skills to help others.
- Teachers curious about managing anxiety and teaching students.
- Self Help Enthusiasts wanting to learn creative coping skills.
- Moms/Dads/Guardians wanting to help their children manage anxiety
For the past 25 years, Tonia Robinson-Lloyd has been applying her learning both informal and formal and experience helping adults and children with serious mental disorders find ways to regulate, relate and reason. She is a licensed mental health professional in the state of New Jersey. Caribbean based she is recognized as a Clinical Psychologist and Registered Mediator. She is also a Distinguished Toastmaster who has grabbed several awards including the Toastmaster of the Year Award. She has also overcome her social anxiety and enjoys public speaking.
She knows this course will work as it's a tried and tested processed based on psychological science that has helped hundreds of adults and children to attain their goals. You will learn the STAR process of regulating, relating and reasoning to better cope with anxiety.
S = Self-Awareness (of your tools and new tools)
T = Tenacity (Passion and Purpose)
A = Attention (Mindfulness techniques)
R = Retaining the positive emotions to push you forward and Reframing the negative events to find the lesson in order to grow
You will also gain insight on the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Motivational Interviewing used in the Resilient Stars Program. This process will help you build you own process to respond to anxiety from a position of power and determination to do what you have to do and want to do.
In Service of You,