Watercolor painting: Realistic Dog portrait, step by step
What you'll learn
- capture the personality of the dog you're painting in watercolor
- learn how to paint true to life: realistic eyes, nose, tongue, fur, emotions and expression
- mix paints and create color balance. You will learn how to do layering and build up the color
- pick up new tips for watercolor painting if you already know how to paint
- find your own mistakes in a painting and be able to fix them to get the best result
- feel confident in expressing yourself the way you feel in your watercolor art
- start painting ALREADY NOW without hours of lectures, boring school theory and preparations. You will learn by doing
- Basic watercolor supplies are needed: watercolor paints, a soft pencil (2B), watercolor paper, and brushes (a large and a small round brush, a rigger), correction pen, paper towel, a glass with water
- Basic painting and drawing skills are recommended, but not necessary because I'll lead you from the very beginning
- How about a huge desire to Create and express yourself the way you feel? :)
Love painting? Always wanted to try watercolor? Already work with watercolor and want to pick up some interesting techniques and see a new approach?
Then this course is perfect for you!
More than 1000 happy students took this course and recieved just positive reviews and most important got lots of fun!
This is what my students are saying about the course:
[by Marina Savchuk]·
I loved this course so much! I have never been able to paint before, and now I have an amazing artwork done by me! Love it, thank you Yana! Looking forward to your new course
[by Carol Kiley] ·
Loved this class!
She is an amazing artist and instructor! Attention to details with explanations interesting and consistent. I got so many nuggets to help me with my painting that I feel like this course was worth a lot more than what I paid...thank you very much for the inspiration!
[by Peter Cook] ·
This is a wonderful and comprehensive drawing course. Yana is an amazing artist, and I feel very grateful that she shares her skills with me as a student. She is engaging, soft spoken, and keeping the listener interested until the last second. Doing this course really made me feel like I too can draw anything I want. I recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn how to make beautiful drawings!
I'll create a realistic dog portrait explaining every single step and sharing my vision with you on paint mixing and color building. I'll explain every single step I've taken and why. You'll learn how to create incredibly realistic eyes, how to paint fur, how to create volume and how to make our artwork alive. You will paint along with me during the entire course. And of course you're absolutely free to experiment, try your own thing following your heart and see what happens.
Everybody can paint and you don't need a school to start doing it! I will not bother you with boring school theory, we will start from the scratch and paint an awesome dog together. All you need is a desire, true interest and some patience. Because everything you create is your personal experience and it can't be "wrong". You don’t need someone to give you an assignment. As long as you follow your own vision and enjoy the process, that's all that matters.
I'll provide the reference photo I'm using. Feel free to use your own style of materials and ask me any questions you might have in discussion.
When you buy the course, you'll receive lifetime access. Most importantly, you'll have a 30 day money back guarantee (no questions asked).
So what are you waiting for?
Follow your passion, take a brush and go ahead ;)
Who this course is for:
- The course works best for people who already paint in watercolor and want to learn other techniques, see another perspective on watercolor painting that is different from a traditional school approach.
- If you are a begginer you absolutely easily can join the course because it's designed the way you can follow me painting without any effort. I slowly explain all my moves and decisions and all you need is just to follow
- Don't want to be bored by hours of school theory? Don't need to spend time on preparing the supplies? Do you want to finally start painting and have result already today? This course is perfect for you! Nothing disctractive, just painting :)
- Everyone who enjoys painting, trying new things and open for experiments
Hey, I'm Ukrainian travelling the world.
I've been passionate about art since my childhood and now can't imagine my day without it. I've been painting all my life and now my life is all about art and travel. Wherever I go I have my watercolor with me. I capture people I've met, places I've visited and emotions I've felt. All those stories are told in watercolor and I'm happy to share them with people.
I was exhibited in Ukraine and Asia, I teach watercolor workshops in cities I travel to (such as Chiang Mai or Da Nang), I produce handmade sketchbooks for artists and write watercolor E-books.
I believe you don't need a school to start painting. Because creating is about expressing your personal feelings not just working on techniques. You learn techniques because you Want to learn them. You keep practicing because you Want to get better. And this is just your passion, desire to improve and create that drives you.
I don't follow a traditional school technique but prefer to listen to my own voice and paint from my own perspective. This allowed me to come up with my own style people start to recognize and which is different from a traditional school approach. And that is why it's interesting.
I'd love to share my experience and techniques with you, please feel free to ask me any questions and share your artworks with me.
And thank you for joining me for this beautiful art journey