Advanced Environment Texturing Methods in Photoshop
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Achieve more natural, photoreal textures
- Attain an incredible amount of fine detail quickly and effortlessly.
- Become more comfortable with using Photoshop's unique toolset to get the look you want.
- Tile that texture far better than before.
- Paint manually with a brush set constructed for texture artists in mind.
Before we get started, you'll definitely want to load the awesome custom brush set I've included with this course. This video goes over how to load the brushes into Photoshop and what effects the brushes bring. A pressure sensitive tablet is highly recommended.
Your photoreal texture is hiding details from you. Learn how to reveal them with this simple method.
- A version of Photoshop CS.
- A good, working knowledge of Photoshop CS.
- Pressure-sensitive Tablet (optional, but highly encouraged)
In this course, I'll take you through the techniques I've used and refined over the years to help me create very high quality, high resolution tiling photoreal diffuse textures using only Photoshop. I'll start by explaining all the techniques individually, then move on to showing how I use all the techniques to take a texture from start to finish.
Best results are achieved using a pressure-sensitive tablet. Many techniques shown here don't require the latest version of Photoshop.
The course won't take hours to complete and you'll see results immediately. I'm confident the methods I use aren't found anywhere else online, so I'm certain you'll learn something new!
The series is a work in progress, so expect new videos over time.
- This course is targeted specifically for 3D Artists, be it film or video game, who want to really boost their photoreal texturing capabilities inside Photoshop.
- Graphic Designers may also see benefits since the tools used can assist them in their work.
- The course works with photo-sourced textures. If you only work with hand painted or cartoony textures, this course may only provide minimal benefit.
- The course is for advanced users of Photoshop. If you're completely new, you might be a bit lost as you watch.