What you'll learn
- Use adversity as a catalyst for growth
- Master the three C's of resilience: Challenge, Commitment, Control
- Fail fast, fail smart and fail forward
- Develop an RSF (Relentless Solution Focus)
- Embrace the qualities - and avoid the enemies - of a winning mindset
- Identify and manage triggers that sap your resilience
- Grow your own and your team's resilience by shifting your mindset to reframe challenges
- Cultivate more compassion and empathy for yourself and others
- Assess your current state of resilience
- How to coach others on resilience
- Strengthen your ability to manage stress and avoid burnout
- Design an action plan for resilience going forward
- This course is open to all students who might benefit from increasing their resilience at work.
- The only prerequisite is a willingness to reframe adversity as a catalyst for growth and an opportunity to thrive because of it.
The ability to see adversity a catalyst for growth is an essential leadership skill and one of the determining factors in whether an employee thrives or merely survives. It is unlikely that we can slow down the pace of change or eliminate the ongoing challenges we face at work so, instead, let's get the tips, tricks and tools necessary to strengthen our resilience every day.
In this course, you will gain simple but powerful tools to strengthen your professional resilience and increase your reputation as someone who can weather any storm and lead with grace under pressure. You will learn the skillset, toolset and mindset to cultivate resilience, especially in those moments when you need it most. More specifically, you'll learn how to:
* Reframe adversity as a growth opportunity
* Practice and incorporate the 5 qualities of a winning mindset
* Adopt the beliefs and habits of highly resilient people
* Shift from problem-centric thinking (PCT) to a relentless solution focus (RSF)
* Identify and manage your stressors
* Fail early, fail smart and fail forward
* Best practices of highly resilient and successful Fortune 500 companies
* Added bonus for Managers: Building a resilient culture in your organization
You will be given activities to integrate the learning along the way, and we'll be sure to keep it fun and engaging...after all, it it's not fun, it's forgettable! Enroll today, and you'll be just one hour away from becoming someone who exudes confidence and cultivates professional resilience everyday, no matter what the day may bring.
Who this course is for:
- Ideally, students should be employed in an organizing where they are individual contributors and/or managing others.
Maureen comes with over 25 years of business leadership experience partnering with clients such as P&G, General Mills, Burger King and United Airlines at top advertising shops including Grey, Saatchi & Saatchi and mcgarrybowen. Over the years, she has designed countless mentoring, training and leadership programs for her teams.
Simply put, Maureen is an activator. She uses strategic questions and positivity to meet people where they’re at, and then take them where they want to go. She builds trust quickly and partners with clients and participants to turn thoughts into action by designing a concrete plan mixed with devotion and accountability along the way.
Maureen hails from the Midwest but has been happily living in and around New York for 25 years. Maureen received a BA in Marketing and Communication from The University of Dayton and her Professional Coaching Certification (CPC) from the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC). She’s also a certified Energy Leadership practitioner (ELI-MP), a certified practitioner of DiSC, a top-rated Udemy Instructor, an Amazon bestselling author and an avid podcaster on the topic of leadership and potential.
Some people say it’s easier said than done; Maureen feels it’s easier done than said. She emphatically believes Ralph Waldo Emerson was right when he said, “Do the thing and you will have the power.”