Decision Making Mistakes, using Probability and Statistics !
What you'll learn
- Learn about the common mistakes and misconceptions people make, when using Probabilities in their judgements and decisions.
- Learn about the common mistakes and misconceptions people make, when using Statistics and statistical inferences, in their judgements and decisions.
- What are the Psychological Biases and Fallacies, that make infer wrongly, when using Probability and Statistics ?
- Hoe can we try and avoid such pitfalls, mistakes and misconceptions, when using Probability and Statistics in decision making ?
- High School Math knowledge, of basic Probability and Statistical concepts
Most of us have learnt some Probability and Statistics in High School, or later in college.
We know the basic concepts, and may knowingly, or unknowingly, use it in our judgements and decisions !
However, what we may not be aware of, are the many many ways we can go wrong, in using these concepts, from Probability and Statistics, for making our decisions ! This includes the common errors , the many misconceptions we have, the conclusions we wrongly jump to, in judging probabilities, and risks, sampling and statistics.
The Human brain is not wired to intuitively understand probability or statistics. Researchers of the brain, believe that mathematical truths make little automatic sense to our mind, especially when considering random and non-random outcomes, or when considering a large amount of data. And because of that, we automatically and subconsciously end up making a lot of mistakes, in assessing risks and likelihood.
This Course will help you learn about, and try to avoid and minimize, such mistakes and misconceptions. It will be useful for everyone, but especially for Leaders and Managers, whose various judgements and decisions can affect many people, organizations and countries!
It is a Beginner level Course, and it assumes only a basic High school level knowledge of Probability and Statistics.
Disclaimer: You will not learn any Probability or Statistics here, you will only learn about the mistakes and misconceptions commonly made, when using Probability and Statistics in Decision Making.
Some Images and Videos courtesy Pixabay, Pexels, Pressfoto and FreePik. Some Music snippets courtesy Bensound.
Who this course is for:
- Leaders and Managers who want to avoid Statistics and Probability mistakes, while making decisions
- Management Students, and aspiring Leaders, who want to use Probability and Statistics, more accurately and effectively
- Anyone who wants to avoid the pitfalls, mistakes and misconceptions, when using Probability and Statistics.
Sivakami (pronounced She-vuh-kaa-me) is an experienced Business Leader. She has nearly 2 decades of rich experience in large Multinational Corporations, like Microsoft and Verizon.
She has worked in several Junior, Middle and Senior Global Leadership and Management roles.
She has an MBA from one of the top Asian Business Schools, and a Post Graduate Degree, in Business Research Methods, from the Edinburgh Business School.
Sivakami has successfully led several initiatives, achieved many Business KPIs, successfully coached and mentored many budding Leaders and Managers ... she has personally experienced Leadership, with its many joys and challenges!
Having experienced Leadership extensively first-hand, Sivakami then embarked on her second career, a career in Academics, focusing on online education.
She now teaches Leadership and Management topics, to University Students and Business Executives. She is a Bestselling Udemy Instructor and Udemy Instructor Partner, a title reserved for a select 1% of Udemy Business Instructors.
All of Sivakami's Courses are a part of the top 3% of Udemy Courses, which have been selected for UB (Udemy Business).
So, what's unique about her Courses ?
Sivakami's Courses try to bring some science, into Leadership and Management.
They utilize the research findings, from Cognitive and Social Psychology, Neuroscience and Behavioral Economics, to obtain valuable, and evidence-based lessons and strategies, for Leaders and Managers.
Nothing could be more important to Leaders and Managers, than learning about the Science and Research, on Human Behaviour and Thinking !