Prenatal Yoga with Jane Austin
What you'll learn
- Use the tools of yoga to feel better. Breath and movement can be very effective tools to help pregnant women feel better not only physically but mentally and emotionally better.
- Use these techniques to build strength, increase flexibility, reduce stress and increase relaxation, promote healthy circulation and reduce common pregnancy discomforts.
- You will need a yoga mat, blanket and a yoga bolster or firm pillow.
Jane's 60 minute prenatal yoga session offers a range of postures that explores the balance between effort and surrender, stability and softness. As you move through the practice, Jane provides the space to listen to your body, attune to your breath and be present with your baby. The class includes warm up postures, hip openers, standing poses and gentle stretches. Mindful of mamas who might need more support, she demonstrates modified postures throughout the class.This class has been broken down into chapters, students are welcome to do all or just parts of the class.
Jane's refreshing ability to "tell it like it is" to expecting moms gives this prenatal yoga session a lively, humorous and realistic perspective unlike any other. She is a certified prenatal yoga teacher and trainer and brings not only her expertise as a midwife, doula, childbirth educator and of course, a mother, into the practice. Jane's reverence for pregnancy and birth comes shining through as she expertly guides you through this prenatal yoga class. It is great for those new to yoga and for those who are looking for a sweet and supportive yoga experience. This is not a hard "work out" yoga class, but it will be both energizing and relaxing.
Who this course is for:
- This gentle prenatal yoga class is designed for beginners and experienced practitioners alike.
- Mamas new to yoga can start this practice at any time. Those who have more experience may find this class helpful in the third trimester or on those days when a slower class is needed.
- Not all exercise is suited for everyone. To reduce the risk of injury, please consult your midwife or doctor before beginning this or any other physical fitness program.
- Any user of this program assumes the full risk of injury resulting from performing the routine represented within this class. If you feel dizzy or experience discomfort of any sort, contact your health care provider before continuing the program.
Passionate about yoga and the transformative power of motherhood, Jane specializes in teaching prenatal and postnatal yoga. For two decades she has worked with mamas, not only as a yoga teacher but also as a midwife, doula (labor assistant) and childbirth educator. Informed by years of experience of working in the field of women’s health, she is uniquely suited to instruct yoga for the childbearing year. She weaves this breadth of experience into her classes in a warm and humorous, yet thoughtful way.
Jane is a certified yoga teacher and a registered yoga teacher trainer. She is the founder and director of Mama Tree, a yoga school dedicated to training yoga teachers and birth professionals to teach prenatal and postnatal yoga. Her school attracts students from all over the world. She also teaches the Yoga in Pregnancy component of many yoga teacher trainings including Yoga Tree in San Francisco. By training teachers, it is her mission to help make yoga available to all mothers who wish to practice.
Her teaching has been influenced by many teachers and traditions, including Ashtanga, and Iyengar, She has studied yoga philosophy and chanting extensively with Kate Holcombe of the Healing Yoga Foundation. Among her most inspirational teachers have been the many mamas and couples she has worked with over the years. A lifelong student, Jane continues to explore the many facets of this ancient tradition.
Although yoga provides the framework for her spiritual practice, it is her experience as a mother that has given her true opportunity for spiritual growth. Perhaps her most influential teachers are her own children, who reminder her very day to take her own advice and take a deep breath!
It is with great enthusiasm and joy that she shares her passion with others! For more info about trainings and workshops go to janeaustinyoga.com.