Revealed: Power BI Query Editor For Cleaner BI Data
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Implement insightful tips and tricks to save yourself hours of time while delivering professional results
- You will master the Query Editor's push-button, formula and multi-query functions and own the data cleansing process
- You will discover my four-step 'data-cleansing' guideline to professionally scrub your data the first time, every time
- Import Data, Remove Top Rows, Use First Row as Header, Remove Columns, Change Type, Rename Columns, Sort Rows, Filter Rows, Close & Load, Rename Query, Merge Columns, Create Conditional Column, Move Column, Duplicate Column, Transform Column, Rename Column, Reference another query, Filter, Group By, Rename query, Group & Apply
- This course does not cover all available Query Editor features (such as pivot & unpivot data, split columns, and combine files) but provides the basic knowledge so you can learn more and take advantage of everything it has to offer
- Students should be familiar with Power BI
- Students should have prior experience working with data
- Power BI Desktop and Query Editor run only on Windows operating systems. There is currently no native Mac version. If you have a Mac, you will need to run Windows on it (ie Parallels, Boot Camp, etc) to use Power BI Desktop and Query Editor.
2nd in my series of Udemy courses on mastering data cleaning in the age of big data
Every day is training day! Think about how the data explosion is changing analytics and your career prospects. You can join the fun by learning to create simple but powerful BI data transformations.
Microsoft has the right tool for to do this. It’s called Power BI Query Editor. Want to learn how to use it and have more career opportunities? You are in the right place!
Learn and Master Power BI Query Editor To Strengthen Your Data Analytics Career
If you're like me, you want the best data possible 'feeding' your Power BI visualizations . . .
- create fast, repeatable data transformations that improve Power BI analysis and reporting
- push-button, formula and multi-query functions
- change 'dirty' data into clean, structured data for better dashboards and visualizations
- the perfect course for new Power BI users who need to increase their Query Editor and career skills
Control your data instead of letting it control you
Some comments from students:
"I feel so empowered by this course! Thank you soooo very much for delivering this masterpiece of a course in an easy to digest manner; and I hope to see more courses from you!" - Aisha I.
"Step by Step mastery course! Really worth." - Prabhakar K.
"Very clear instructions and a great way to expand into data analysis." - Kenneth L.
My simple strategies will save hours and let you avoid data cleaning mistakes. Here they are in this unique course!
- I GUARANTEE your investment in learning Power BI Query Editor will be the best you can make! It will pay you back every time you use it.
- I will respond to all questions so you can use these simple strategies in a fool-proof way
The career power of learning Power BI Query Editor is amazing. It's time for you to see the benefits.
Let's get started!
- This course is for new Power BI users looking to increase their knowledge of the Query Editor
- This course is not for Power BI Desktop experienced pros. The focus is on getting new users up and running with Query Editor.
- They want to feed their Power BI visualizations with 'clean' data, even if the source is very 'unclean'
- They see value in learning to create automated data transformations to save time and improve accuracy
- If you know Excel, you'll take to Query Editor like a fuzzy duck to water
Learn how the Query Editor can save you time by providing clean data and dramatically improving your Power BI experience
'DogCatSquirrel_intro.xlsx' contains sample data for Lecture 6 - External Data Ribbon
- 'Query_Editor_Ribbons_Guide.pdf' is a convenient overview to the Query Editor ribbons. One place to see all the functions available across the Home, Transform, Add Column and View ribbons.
- 'DogCatSquirrel_Level_1.xlsx' contains sample data for Lecture 7 - Query Editor Layout