Learn SQL Using PostgreSQL: From Zero to Hero
- 16 hours on-demand video
- 6 articles
- 159 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Perform sophisticated queries
- Join tables together
- Use Group By to answer questions on aggregated date
- Create and modifying tables
- Create indexes to improve search speed
- Put in constraints to keep data clean
- Use pgAdmin tool
- Learn recursive queries
- How views make accessing data simpler
- Sequences to auto increment fields
- Common Table Expressions
- Conditional Expressions
- Window Functions
- How to handle date and time data
- SQL Functions
- Transactions and Concurrency Control
- PL/pgSQL Functions
- Composite Data Types
- Array Data Types
How to install PostgreSQL using EnterpriseDB installer
Get up and running with PostgreSQL 11 and pgAdmin 4 on Ubuntu.
How to install Northwind database using pgAdmin using the restore feature and northwind.tar file.
How to select all information from a table using simple SELECT statement.
How to return specific fields when running a SELECT statement.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to install software on system.
- Computer that can run PostgreSQL ( I will show you how to install ).
Learning SQL was one of the most valuable skills I learned while building Match. We had one of the largest instances of Microsoft SQL Server in the 90s with millions of records to keep the site running. The better we got at SQL, the better we could make the site work for our users and answers sophisticated questions about our users.
I want to teach you how to use PostgreSQL. We will walk through
Basic selection statements
Joining multiple tables together
Grouping records to get aggregate data
Inserting, updating and deleting records
Creating tables and indexes
Subqueries to create sophisticated reports
Table constraints to keep data clean
Sequences to create auto incrementing fields
CTE - common table expressions that include recursive queries
Views to simply accessing complex queries
Conditional Expressions for queries
Window functions to combine regular queries with aggregate data
How to work with date, time and intervals
Create SQL Functions to capture complex statements
Create PL/pgSQL Functions that allow programming with if/then and loops
Array data types
Composite data types
Transactions and concurrency control
- Someone wanting to master PostgreSQL and SQL query language
- Anyone wanting to learn advanced query expressions