Pilates Teacher Training & CPD Certification
What you'll learn
- The history, fundamentals and Principles of Pilates, neutral position & thoracic breathing
- The Classical Mat Pilates method from beginner to advanced level
- Core concepts and the connection between the breath and core stability
- How to analyse each exercise so that you can modify/progress and safely teach all abilities
- Anatomy & physiology, in particular, in-depth knowledge relevant to Pilates
- How to recognise faulty postures and help correct them
- Advanced teaching skills and class management
- How to create interesting and balanced sequences including warm ups and closing sessions
- Health, safety and welfare to keep you and your clients safe
- Special populations: who you can and shouldn't teach
- Tools to build a client base and marketing ideas to grow your business
- You will need a mat for your practice and a desire to help people improve their health and wellbeing
- Pilates: Beginner to Advanced is highly recommended before you take this course unless you have extensive knowledge and experience of classical mat Pilates
All the information you need to teach Pilates Mat exercise confidently and competently is included in this accredited and CPD certified Pilates teacher training course. Upon successful completion you will recieve your Udemy Certificate of Completion and there is also a complimentary CPD certificate available at no extra cost to you.
Not only have I reaped the benefits of a personal practice, but I've had a tremendously rewarding career and I'd like to help you do the same by passing on the knowledge I've gained over the years.
"Josie has so much experience in Pilates, Yoga and Fitness industry and she shares her extensive knowledge very generously. Her lectures and materials are very clear and the way she gives instructions is very precise. Josie has always been very supportive and approachable. A teacher like her is hard to find and there is always so much to learn." Justina Kaselionyte
Pilates has proved to be one of the most useful forms of exercise I've learned in the 40 years I've been actively interested in health and fitness. It's helped from a technique point of view with everything else I teach and seeing the difference it's made to my clients health and wellbeing has been particularly rewarding.
Simply helping clients correct their posture can improve or even cure many health issues including back problems, stress incontinence, preparation for/recovery after childbirth, arthritis and other joint problems, recovery and prevention of injuries, improved mental wellbeing and of course, a fit, strong, flexible body.
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
Well, there is the obvious benefit of distance learning so that you can fit the training in with your lifestyle and commitments
The cost: you can take this training at a fraction of the fees charged by other training organisations, but don't be fooled: this is not an easy option! You must pass 2 final exams.
It is CPD accredited and certified which means it has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks. The learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality. The CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements. You will be given the opportunity to receive a CPD certificate at the end of the course.
There is also the opportunity to progress to Certification for those who require it. Video assessments and lesson plans required*. Please note that this is entirely optional and separate from Udemy.
The content covers all the subjects recommended by the PMA, the UK level 3 guidelines specific to Pilates teacher training and is extremely thorough.
I am always available to support you!
The course is mostly high quality video content with supporting documentation to which you have lifetime access.
There are plenty of assignments and suggested practices to help you achieve your goals.
This course is ideal
for anyone who wants to set up a business as a Pilates Matwork teacher
fitness instructors and personal trainers who would also like to offer Pilates
students who want an in-depth knowledge of Pilates
therapists and health care workers who want to add new skills to help their clients
"I absolutely LOVED this course! As a physiotherapist, it was wonderful to see detailed descriptions of the anatomical structures required for each exercise, as well as the physiological benefits. I am so excited to incorporate teaching into my practice, and have already been teaching daily classes to friends and family free of charge. Thank you so much for the useful resources as well :)" Amanda Anne Neri
All you need to take this course is a laptop (or any mobile device), a mat and a desire to learn a discipline that will improve yours and your clients or future clients health and wellbeing.
* Certification carries an extra fee to cover trainers time. Details at the end of the course.
Who this course is for:
- Perfect for therapists and movement specialists who want to add Pilates to their skills
- Ideal for health and fitness professionals looking for new modalities to teach
- A great opportunity for the entrepreneur to start a new business
I have over 35 years experience in the health & fitness industry. I started out as an aerobics instructor in London and trained as a Pilates and yoga instructor towards the end of the 1990's. From then on, I built up a large portfolio of clients and ran private classes in the London area and in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I completed further training in aerial yoga therapy, indoor cycling and Barre in Dubai and wrote a Lifestyle column for Sport360 - a Dubai based Sports Newspaper - during the 7 years I was in the Middle East. I am passionate about helping people improve their wellbeing through a healthy lifestyle. Qualifications include Level 3 Education & Training, Pilates Matwork, Pilates Orthopaedics, Pre/Post Natal Exercise; AFN certified Childhood Nutrition & Obesity Prevention and Pre/Post Natal Nutrition; Client Psychology and Motivation; Yoga Alliance certified in Hatha Yoga, AFN certified Diet & Nutrition Diploma.