Pilates Props: The Foam Roller - CPD Accredited (5 Points)
What you'll learn
- How to use the foam roller to transform classical mat exercises.
- The foam roller not only adds variety but can be used to modify or progress exercises.
- A great tool for self massage to release tension in myofascial tissue.
- Can be used to both challenge and aid balance.
- Wonderful way to open up the chest and shoulder area.
- You will take your practice to the next level and really improve core strength!
- A regular Pilates practice is essential. Ideal for those who have completed my CPD Accredited Pilates Teacher Training Course or my Pilates: Beginner to Advanced and Express Pilates
- A good exercise mat and a 36" foam roller
Props can transform your Pilates practice and the Foam Roller is one of the most versatile. In this CPD accredited course we explore the many uses of the Pilates foam roller to modify, progress and add variety to the Pilates practice.
"Oh my Gosh, it makes such a difference to work with/on the foam roller. Loved the core exercises! Great course, beyond my expectations! I loved it! Very knowledgeable explanations and lots of options to play with. Thank you Josie so much for your wonderful courses. I wish I've signed up for more courses with you with the actual pilates sequences. This course helped me to realize my weak points. :-D"
The benefits of using the foam roller in a Pilates class are many:-
The foam roller can be used as a self-massage tool. Myofascial release can help relieve muscle tightness, soreness and inflammation and increase your joint range of motion
Balance: standing or laying on the foam roller can add a balance challenge
The foam roller is very effective at neck and shoulder release to help improve upper body posture
The foam roller offers a stability challenge which will improve core strength
It offers feedback on alignment
Adding the foam roller to your practice will take it to another level
This Pilates Foam Roller course is made up of
Workshops so that you can learn the variations and become confident and competent
2 master classes to demonstrate how you can incorporate the foam roller
The choice of exercises included in this course are functional, safe and highly useable so that you can include them in your personal practice with ease. Teachers will have new ideas to take into class immediately.
CPD Certificate is available with this course.
Who this course is for:
- Those who have a regular Pilates practice and want to add a new dimension and challenge
- Pilates teachers and personal trainers looking for ideas to inspire their clients
I have over 35 years experience in the health & fitness industry. I started out as an aerobics instructor in London and trained as a Pilates and yoga instructor towards the end of the 1990's. From then on, I built up a large portfolio of clients and ran private classes in the London area and in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I completed further training in aerial yoga therapy, indoor cycling and Barre in Dubai and wrote a Lifestyle column for Sport360 - a Dubai based Sports Newspaper - during the 7 years I was in the Middle East. I am passionate about helping people improve their wellbeing through a healthy lifestyle. Qualifications include Level 3 Education & Training, Pilates Matwork, Pilates Orthopaedics, Pre/Post Natal Exercise; AFN certified Childhood Nutrition & Obesity Prevention and Pre/Post Natal Nutrition; Client Psychology and Motivation; Yoga Alliance certified in Hatha Yoga, AFN certified Diet & Nutrition Diploma.