Photo Editing on the Cheap
- You will need to buy a copy of Pixelmator for $15.
If you're looking to learn how to edit photos, but don't want to shell out the money for Photoshop, Pixelmator is a fantastic alternative.
This course covers:
- Basic Color Correction
- How to take Objects out of an Image
- Isolating Parts of an Image
- Working with Layers
- Working with Selection
- This course is intended for those who need to do light photo editing on a fairly regular basis.
- Why Pixelmator01:56
- Where to Find Free Images Online01:24
- Always Quote Your Source02:37
- Opening an Image00:57
- Cropping and Resizing01:33
- Basic Shortcuts01:26
- Basic Color Correcting01:09
- Black and White01:00
- Adding Text01:13
- Multiple Images in One01:00
- Selecting Basic Shapes01:15
- Isolating a Simple Object01:09
- Removing a Simple Background01:38
- Cutting Out Complex Shapes00:46
- A Brief Look at Layers01:19
- Going Deeper with Complicated Images02:23
- Advanced Selection02:43
- Removing Simple Objects00:26
- Simple Healing01:21
- Background Extension03:27
- Fixing Perspective01:24
- Removing a Person04:39
- Removing a Shadow05:44
- Source Images05:08
- In Conclusion00:28
Jeremy Shuback is an Animation Director who's directed over a hundred shorts in the last ten years. His shorts have been featured in the WSJ, CNN, NPR, WaPo, and many other places. In 2016 he directed, Shaboom! an animated children's series and currently he's directing an educational series about the basics of the religion Judaism.
On the side, he strives to create absurdly good courses. He's flown to hundreds of cities to teach classes on design and on marketing.
For more about him and his work, head to his website.