Phase 2 - Becoming A Natural Singer
What you'll learn
- Discover how to make your singing feel effortless
- Eliminate throat tension for good
- Strengthen your diaphragm with an ancient breathing secret
- Develop advanced vocal control
- Be proficient in all Phase 1 techniques. If you currently take one-on-one lessons with an AApproach instructor, ask if you have the necessary skill sets to begin Phase 2.
- Have a clear plastic cup and several ordinary drinking straws.
- You will also need a clean towel or paper towels.
You've mastered the techniques in Phase 1, and you've decided that you want to be more than just a “good" singer. You want the advanced skills necessary to be downright impressive - a dynamic voice that feels truly effortless. In Phase 2 “Becoming A Natural Singer", you will discover a whole new dimension of vocal freedom!
Fact: Your body is designed to sing. The idea that amazing voices are reserved only for a chosen few has no scientific basis whatsoever. What I've discovered through years of research and experience is that most struggling vocalists (and even many “trained" singers) suffer from one major problem - a collapsed throat; this places excess pressure on the vocal folds, making the voice feel heavier that it really is. Sadly, I meet vocalists every day who have never had the incredible experience of singing with a truly released throat.
Most commonly taught classical techniques attempt to force the throat open, ironically making the problem even worse by causing more tightness. Other so-called “modern" methods hardly reference the problem of throat release at all, instead focusing exclusively on mixing techniques. But, in Phase 2, we combine time-tested ancient wisdom with modern science and years of professional industry experience. The result is an advanced technique that is proven to be effective in restoring full freedom to the folds.
How long this course takes to complete is entirely up to you, though we strongly recommend spending at least one week on each section. Every lesson is broken down into three basic parts: (1) Ebook guide, (2) The video lessons (3) your MP3 practice warmups (which you can listen to online or download for your own convenience). Of course, you still have the option of asking questions in the Phase 2 forum and receiving help from trained AApproach instructors.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for intermediate/advanced vocalists who have already completed our Udemy course, "Phase 1 - Elite Singing Techniques", and are ready to take their skills to the next level. Phase 2 is not for anyone presently suffering from or recovering from vocal injury. If you are presently experiencing chronic hoarseness or throat pain, please seek a certified AApproach instructor to guide you through our Phase 1 course. Again: Do not join this course, unless you have already completed "Phase 1 - Elite Singing Techniques".
Eric Arceneaux is a professional vocal coach, recording artist, and founder of the Arceneaux Approach (AApproach) voice training method.
The AApproach has served 100,000+ singers in over 80 countries. Eric's unique method draws upon both modern cutting-edge science and old world wisdom, resulting in voices that contain a compelling combination raw power and refined beauty.
As a voice coach, Eric has quickly grown to #1 in the “Learn To Sing” category online, holding the record for most views and most subscribers of any vocal coach in history. He has coached artists that have been featured as leads on Broadway, Television, and numerous major recording labels. As a voice expert, he has been sought ought by USA Today, MTV, A&E, and The Discovery Network.
As a recording artist he has released two successful studio albums, recorded songs for documentaries and TV shows, was invited to perform at the Youtube Superstars concert at the French Embassy in Washington, D.C., and is a featured collaborator on the Youtube Edition of the We Are The World 25 for Haiti.
I am a recording artist as well as a vocal instructor as part of AApproach. I have trained under Eric Arceneuax for 10 years and counting. As an artist I have also worked with producers that work with wale and other big name artists. I also work with djs from the Netherlands. as well as writers who have written groups such as one republic. any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Hey everyone :)
I'm a certified AApproach Vocal Instructor and Recording Artist.
If you're reading this, you're probably a vocal nerd like me, so I'll speak in those terms, lol. I'm a tenor, or more specifically, I'm on the cusp between a medium and high voice type.
I LOVE the mix voice. I'm most comfortable singing there, but I use all of my range as necessary. Lastly, I've been having fun with my lower range.
Favorite vocalists are: Whitney Houston, Daryl Cole, Luther Vandross, Daryl Coley and Jesse Campbell.
I look forward to working with you :)