PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT : Growing From Within !
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 5 mins on-demand audio
- 1 article
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand things that make a personality
- Understand who made our personality and why we can change it
- The levels at which we have to actualize this transformation
- The Physical/Physiological level : Things we need to do
- The Mental/Emotional (Psychological) level : Calmness/Attitudes/Self-confidence/Concentration etc.
- Role of Personality in a Job/Profession/Business
- Spiritual level : Meditation / Love / Joy
- Nourishing the roots
- Summary : Developing a Dynamic & Magnetic Personality
- No extra hardware needed, besides an online computer etc. needed for an online course.
- The only 'software' needed is openness in your mind and a sincere desire to make life better.
Welcome to this course on Personality Development. Its unique features are as follows :
1. It is holistic, covering all levels of human existence viz. Physical, Mental, Emotional & Spiritual. It introduces you to your real Self which is behind your appearance and which has limitless potential to empower and guide your life. The methodology therefore is 'inside out' - growing from within.
2. It takes an integrative and spiritual view of life and yet has a scientific approach all along. Even as it suggests a spiritual outlook, it refers to supportive modern findings in supersciences like Aura, Brain Waves, Mind-Body Wellness research, Psycho-neuro-immunology and neuro-Cardiology, etc.
3. With deep insight yet in a simple language, it reveals that our personality is not something that we unchangeably are, but something that we ourselves have created through our conscious or unconscious past choices in thoughts, lifestyle habits, values, perceptions, attitudes etc.. And therefore, it can be changed by changing those same inputs.
4. Through a step-by-step method, the students are led to understanding how to transform their personalities physically, psychologically and spiritually. The body and mind affect each other, and soul affects both of them.
5. There are 14 lectures ; all are engaging videos except just one which is in audio format. There are supplementary resources including PP slides, motivation-in-a-minute videos which were telecast earlier, some popular blogs, etc.
6. What is shared is not borrowed from books, but learned practically the hard way from actual life with guidance from great Masters. It is backed by a total work experience of 42 years, plus a parallel exposure to yoga-meditation principles and practices for over three decades.
7. The course includes wellness tips and useful material on career growth / professional excellence, besides how to have positive attitudes in resolving stress and conflicts of life, how to be confident, how to motivate oneself, how to convert adversities into opportunities and setbacks into encouragement, etc. Everyone these days is advised to have positive attitudes but no one explains how to develop them ; this course explains where attitudes come from - the level at which we must work, etc. Similarly, we all like self-confidence, but do we know the roots within where confidence can be drawn from ? This course deals with all of that.
8. Everyone, not just students, will find this course very inspiring, eye-opening and practically useful. You do not have to be religious to understand the essential spiritual aspects shared here ; all you need is an open mind. Even successful managers / executives / self-employed professionals / entrepreneurs / housewives / trainers / coaches will find the insights useful to them.
9. Names of some life-transforming books and a couple of free downloads are shared in the end to help students beyond this course.
10. The price has been kept affordable and the course offers a great value for your money.
- Students / youth / job seekers, in fact anyone earnestly interested in knowing and improving oneself.
- No prior related knowledge is needed.
- Even those who are by and large successful in their lives will find this course very helpful in achieving balance and overall fulfillment.
- Reflecting on what is it that we all always seek.
- Our inner uniformity and outer diversity - the great dichotomy !
- The 3 levels of human existence : Physical, Mental (including Emotional), and Spiritual.
- Defining Personality : Our collective demeanor, the sum total of how we conduct or present ourselves - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- Inter-personal and Intra-personal impacts of personality - how your personality affects others and even yourself.
- Understanding how the body, mind and soul work on each other
- Smile : Genuine, not cosmetic ; Deep and not superficial.
- Developing a peaceful, joyous, successful personality
- As souls we are all same, as personalities we are all different.
- One creates, consciously or unconsciously, one's own personality.
- The Mind & Body work on each other ; the Soul works on, and sustains, both.
- Thoughts, habits, actions etc. are the inputs that create the personality.
- By changing these, we can change the personality.
- We need Self-awareness to monitor and change the personality.
- Personality you have, soul you are.
- Anything you have, can be changed.
- Personality can also be changed by changing things that formed it, by a scientific step-by-step method.
- We need Self-awareness at all levels
- Then we need Self-management at physical, mental & Emotional and Spiritual levels.
- The Know-How and the Know-Why
Understanding and working on the Physical or Physiological Aspects of Personality :
- A good personality is more than just a good face
- The importance of Body Language : Expressions, Movement, Gestures, Eye-contact, Touch, Distance etc.
- The importance of proper Speech
- The Dress
- Physical Habits to avoid
THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING INWARDLY CALM EVEN WHEN OUTWARDLY BUSY :
- We saw first that Self-awareness is the key to transforming personality. Unless we stay calm, we lose Self-awareness.
- That means being busy outside, but peaceful within.
- Outwardly, we must act, we must do our role-play, and even work hard.
- But if we are not calm inside, all our work becomes tension.
- And if we remain calm but do not do our role-play, we become lazy and indolent, we become escapists.
- So, strike a balance. Learn to be, as a Master said, "Calmly Active & Actively Calm".
THERE IS NOTHING ABSOLUTE IN THIS WORLD ; IT IS MADE OF RELATIVITY (DUALITY OR CONTRAST). TO EVERYTHING IN THE CREATED UNIVERSE, THERE IS AN OPPOSITE. WE EXPERIENCE THE THINGS ONLY AS WE CHOOSE TO SEE THEM.
- No personality can be good and attractive, without right behavior or conduct.
- Our behavior is a product of our attitude. When success comes, we should not become arrogant ; when failure comes, we should not get depressed.
- Where do attitudes come from ? They come from our values and perceptions.
- Anything of value to us in life is a value.
- Integrity from which honesty comes, empathy which is born of awareness of connectivity of all life, service which is active expression of this awareness, forgiveness which comes from mindfulness of our own faults, etc. are all values.
- Our life is shaped not by what happens to us or how others treat us, but by how we respond to them, and that is a choice. A matter of attitude.
- By responding positively to even adverse events, we can generate positive outcome.
WE ALL LIKE PEOPLE WHO CARRY THEMSELVES WITH GRACE AND A COOL SELF-CONFIDENCE. YOU CAN LEARN TO DO THE SAME BY UNDERSTANDING WHAT IS THE MAIN FACTOR BEHIND CONFIDENCE WITHOUT WHICH EVEN GREAT SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF ANY SUBJECT ARE NOT ENOUGH.
- Self-confidence comes from Self-esteem.
- Self-esteem is awareness of Self-worth.
- Everyone is unique, every soul is blessed. So everyone has Self-worth.
- But not everyone is aware of it. Those who are aware, have Self-esteem which gives them their Self-confidence.
- You may have great skills, great knowledge, but if you are not confident, you don't go far in life.
- Know your natural talents, develop them into useful skills. Keep striving, don't just dream ; practice everyday until it becomes your strength. Work on your challenges one by one, never give up !
THE WORLD IS COMPLEX, LIFE CAN AT TIMES BE CRAZY. THERE MAY BE CONFLICTS OF DIFFERENT KINDS AND THINGS MAY START GETTING STRESSFUL. BY RAISING YOUR COPING SKILLS, YOU CAN NOT ONLY MANAGE YOUR STRESS, BUT ALSO DEVELOP GOOD RELATIONSHIPS - PERSONALLY & PROFESSIONALLY.
- The Bottom Line first : If you can first get along with yourself, you can a lot more easily get along with others.
- We often have conflicts outside, because we have unresolved conflicts within.
- These conflicts can be of various kinds : role-role, role-goal or goal-goal conflicts.
- Stress mainly comes not from what happens to us, but how we take it, as we saw under the lecture on right attitudes.
- In conflicts, we should be Assertive - not Aggressive, Submissive or Dismissive.
- Ego conflicts are of the worst kind. Avoid them.
- We must discuss not argue ; we must find out WHAT is right thing to do, rather than WHO is right.
- The highway to all-round success is not a smooth journey ; if it were, it would not be worth it.
- Eventually, all motivation is Self-motivation. Others can inspire you, but you must finally choose to motivate yourself.
- The proverb : You can take a horse to the well, you cannot make it drink but once the horse is aware of its thirst, it drinks.
- When failure comes, don't think you failed. You can't, because as a soul you are perfect. It is your effort, your strategy, your approach that failed ; change these and you will get different outcomes.
- With right attitudes, even failure can be a source of motivation.
- All successful people have had their share of challenges, tests and trials. Many have seen great failures of their repeated attempts. But they did not give up. You lose only when you give up.
- When you become aware of your soul's great potential, when you have noble dreams of shared success and good values and attitudes, when you feel fired with an unstoppable zeal, when you refuse to give up despite hurdles - that's a kind of true Self-motivation that brings the desired result.
AS A SOUL, YOU HAVE REASONS TO BE CEASELESSLY MOTIVATED. IN THIS LECTURE, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT ALL MOTIVATION IS ACTUALLY SELF-MOTIVATION AND THAT IT IS A CHOICE REGARDLESS OF OUTER CIRCUMSTANCES.
SUCCESS IS OFTEN A MATTER OF CONCENTRATION, THE POWER TO HOLD ONE'S ATTENTION ON ONE OBJECT CONSISTENTLY. TO DEVELOP THIS POWER, WE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO MANAGE OUTER AND INNER DISTRACTIONS.
- All great people who had remarkable success in their respective fields, were all people of great concentration.
- Defining concentration as One-pointedness, the ability to hold one's attention for a given time.
- Example of sunlight, paper and the magnifying glass.
- Mind has great power if it can be focused.
- Understanding and removing outer and inner distractions.
- Mind as a drunken monkey when uncontrolled.
- Help from regular Yoga-meditation practice.
SUCCESS IN WORK IS AS IMPORTANT AS SUCCESS IN PERSONAL LIFE. WE ALL NEED MONEY AND WE NEED A SENSE OF FULFILLMENT THROUGH USEFUL WORK.
- An apparent spirituality that does not enthuse you to work with interest and focus, to do your best at everything including your work, is not true spirituality.
- Work may mean working for others under an employment, or working for yourself in a profession or business of your own. But the ground rules for success are the same.
- A positive personality with a smiling face helps in both these domains by helping you to find the right job and keeping it (employers want people who have right skills + right attitudes), building productive and harmonious relationships and creating excellence through the powers of self-motivation, confidence, concentration, right attitudes etc. that we talked about earlier.
- Keep good company and learn from them ; know their friends and expand your circle. Stay networked.
- Serve the customer, whether in a job or self-employed, with keen interest and sincerity.
- Stay ethical in your work or profession.
YOU CAN'T NOURISH A TREE BY WATERING ITS FLOWERS, FRUITS OR LEAVES NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU LIKE THEM. YOU CAN'T BUILD AN EFFECTIVE PERSONALITY FOR YOURSELF WITHOUT NURTURING THE SPIRITUAL ROOTS OF YOUR EXISTENCE. HUMANS ARE ESSENTIALLY SPIRITUAL BEINGS, SEEKING HUMAN EXPERIENCES - RATHER THAN THE OTHER WAY ROUND !
- To nourish a tree, water its roots.
- To nurture your personality in a sustainable way, nourish your spiritual roots.
- Remember : Body / mind / personality / work etc. are all that you HAVE, but SOUL you ARE.
- Everything that you have improves if you anchor it in what you are.
- Daily meditation, love, compassion, forgiveness, and other things that we mentioned earlier like calmness, right attitudes, etc. are what nourish your spiritual roots.
- Develop your character, be simple and unassuming. Your personality will automatically become attractive and powerful.
- The Brain Wave theory confirms that we need Alpha Waves for 30 mts. everyday to remain balanced and in charge of ourselves. Meditation ensures this and much more if you are regular and scientific.
- You are a soul - changelessly good, blessed and powerful. Personality is the dress or mask that you wear for some time until you choose to change it.
LET US NOW PUT TOGETHER ALL THAT WE HAVE LEARNED SO FAR. SELF-CONFIDENCE, POSITIVE ATTITUDES, SELF-MOTIVATION, CHARACTER, CALMNESS, WELLNESS, CONCENTRATION ETC. - THESE ARE ALL INTER-CONNECTED AND TOGETHER MAKE A WHOLESOME, BALANCED PERSONALITY.
- Your personality is what you have made yourself, you have a choice but you may not often be aware of it. It is the sum total of your physical, mental-and-emotional, and spiritual characteristics.
- Our personality forms through certain thoughts, values, perceptions, attitudes and lifestyle habits that we built in the past. By changing these inputs, we can get a different output : a different personality. This transformation can be by scientific yet holistic, step-by-step method.
At the body level, ensure proper Posture, Dress, Speech, Movement, etc.
At the Mental & Emotional level, have positive and constructive Thoughts, Values, Perceptions and Attitudes. Understand and manage the Emotions of yourself and others while dealing with people (Emotional Intelligence or EQ). But remember emotions are not your highest faculty ; above emotions are Reason and Wisdom.
A good, positive, calm yet active personality helps in work / earning too, whether we work for others or ourselves.
But the founding fact is nourishing our spiritual roots.
Magnetism is inner peace plus outer dynamism in action.