Parapsychology Mini Lecture: Night Hag & Sleep Paralysis
What you'll learn
- Know some of the history and myths of the Night Hag
- Identify the features of a Night Hag experience: Paralysis, Terror, & Hallucination
- Know about medical explanations for Night Hag: Sleep Paralysis
- Know about medical explanations for Night Hag: Hypnogogic Episodes
- Identify the limits of Speep Paralysis and Hypnogogic Episodes in relation to Haunting Phenomena
- This course is designed for individuals with no background in parapsychology or psychology. It is suitable for any individual with a high school education.
Have you or someone you know ever heard their name called in their sleep? How about odd noises? Have you ever been unfortunate enough to awaken to the sound of footsteps or worse, seen something approach your bed while not being able to move? If so, you have experienced the phenomena of the Night Hag.
This mini-course covers:
- The myths and history of Night Hag experiences.
- The psychological/neurological explanations of the Night Hag phenomena.
- A Discussion of how Night Hag has been related with external haunting phenomena.
Included In The Course: Three Videos, Outlines of Lecture Material, Additional Optional Resources, Optional Quiz, and References, Structured in Five Sections.
Time For Course: Approximately One Hour
Suitable For: Students interested in: Sleep Disorders, Parapsychology, Myth & History, Haunting.
Who this course is for:
- Students who may have experienced some form of sleep disturbance
- Students who may have experienced some form of visitation in their sleep
- Students who are interested in research explanations for haunting phenomena
I am a Ph.D. Social Psychologist and Parapsychologist with twelve years of college teaching and research experience. My areas of research expertise and publication include: the psychology of religion, ideology, haunting and associated phenomena, paranormal beliefs and experience. I am the Director of the Institute for the Study of Religious and Anomalous Experience, a non-profit research organization dedicated to the collection and research publication of honest and unbiased research and evidence about paranormal and religious experience.