Paint this Aspen scene: Watercolor painting in 3 EASY steps
- 44 mins on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Paint a beautiful Aspen painting in 30 minutes in watercolor
- Learn that watercolors are easy and fun!
- Have a great night of painting with your kids, class, or friends
- Relax and create a lovely watercolor painting with ease and confidence
- Basic watercolor painting materials: paper, brushes, paints, masking tape, scissors. All can be found very inexpensively at your local arts/crafts store. I provide a complete materials list in the class.
- A desire to have fun painting!
Watercolor painting can be easy and fun. In these short videos, I walk you through step-by-step how to create this beautiful autumn Aspen painting in about 30 minutes, using a minimal number of very inexpensive watercolor materials. This is the perfect painting activity to do with your children, your friends, your class, or by yourself with a glass of wine or cup of coffee.
No painting experience required! Total beginners welcome! I explain everything in simple terms, and the steps to creating this painting are so simple you'll be surprised. Yes, you too can learn to paint beautifully in just 30 minutes. If you're not satisfied with this class, please let me know and I will refund your fee in full, no questions asked.
And all these videos are 100% downloadable! So you can enjoy them offline any time you'd like.
BONUS VIDEO! Watch from start to finish as I paint a variation of this Aspen scene with bright, fun summer colors. Just more inspiration to show you the infinite possibilities with this watercolor painting technique.
So come paint with me and you'll have a great time. And you'll end up with a beautiful painting to enjoy for years to come.
- This course is suited for everyone looking to have a blast painting with watercolors!
- Absolutely beginners are welcome! This class will take any fears you've ever had out of painting
- Novice or intermediate painters will have fun with this creative way to approach watercolor painting
- Parents, looking for a fun painting activity with your kids? This class is perfect!
- Teachers, looking for a unique painting activity with your class? Your students will love this painting lesson!
Here I show you the painting we'll be creating together, and in just a few words welcome you to the fun and easy world of watercolor painting.
Download the finished painting for your reference here.
Also download a materials list that shows everything you need to have fun with watercolors (and the list is short simple)
Here we briefly go over the simple materials we'll be using. And then we start with some masking tape to create the beginnings of our Aspen forest.
In this easy step, we splash on the color to create our lush autumn forest in just a few minutes.
In this video, watch as I paint another full Aspen painting, but with variations on the design (adding way more trees), and on the color (I make a bright sunny summer version). This should show you the infinite possibilities of these painting techniques.
Also download the finished version of this painting for your reference.
While this watercolor painting was intended to be fun and leisurely, I do want to impress the idea that there are some real painting concepts to be learned here (for those interested in any kind of serious study). These ideas will open you up to a whole new world of looking at art, and creating it yourself. I invite you to read to this brief touch on the four main painting concepts of Drawing, Values, Color, and Edges. I also provide some examples of my artwork to illustrate these concepts, which if nothing else are just fun to look at :)