Novel Writing: Creating Characters
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the difference between story and plot
- Define your novel's dramatic elements
- Create your protagonist and antagonist
- Develop deep, meaningful characters using a powerful attribute list
- There are no prerequisites
- All you need to benefit from this course is a desire to write great fiction!
Have you started a novel only to get part way into the manuscript and find yourself stuck? Or do you have an idea for a novel but aren't sure where to begin? Have you completed a first draft but feel it doesn't quite have the luster of professional Novel Writing?
In this lively and fun course Steve Alcorn shows you how to achieve success. You'll learn how to write a novel step by step.
During the past two decades, Steve Alcorn has helped more than 20,000 students structure their novels, and many of them are now in print. Steve's courses are rated an average of 5 out of 5 stars.
This course focuses on Characters, including:
- The difference between plot and story
- The dramatic elements of your novel
- How to build your characters
- Creating your protagonist
- Creating your antagonist
- Brainstorming your other characters
Whether you're a first time novelist still planning your story or an experienced author looking for ways to bring your fiction to life, Steve Alcorn's novel writing courses will show you how to succeed!
- This course is perfect for beginning or experienced writers
- These techniques apply to novels, short stories and screenplays
The single most important thing to understand when writing a novel is the difference between story and plot. It will shape every decision you make, and every word you write. So let's explore this essential topic right now!