Neck, shoulder, & upper back stretching to improve posture
What you'll learn
- Are you tired of chronic stiffness in your neck and shoulders, but not sure which stretches to do? Finally ready to work on your posture? Together, we can change that! As a physical therapist for 26 years, I've treated hundreds of clients with neck, shoulder, and upper back tightness just like you.
- In this course, you will learn how to improve your posture through targeted stretching AND identify any muscle imbalances. I will teach you over 20 different stretches for your neck, shoulders and upper back.
- As you work through the class, you will identify YOUR specific areas of tightness and identify any muscle imbalances which then become the focus of your personalized stretching program. Let's get started!
- No course requirements or prerequisites. Just a strong desire to feel better and take ownership of your health.
In this course, you will learn how to improve your posture through targeted stretching and identify any muscle imbalances. I will teach you over 20 different stretches for your neck, shoulders and upper back.
Based on your specific areas of tightness, you will develop a personalized stretching program. Tightness and a loss of flexibility are like weak links in a chain. You are only as strong as your weakest link. As you gain in flexibility and improve your posture, you will strengthen your chain to allow you to do things you love!
Who this course is for:
- Active, health conscious individuals who are invested in their health and well-being.
Ed has been a Physical Therapist for over 25 years, specializing in Orthopedic Manual Therapy, Trigger Point work, and exercise prescription. He and his wife, Elizabeth Deboo, PT, are currently practicing in Bellingham, WA. Together, they have a Youtube channel, "Front Row with Ed and Elizabeth" with 100+ videos on Trigger Points, stretching, strengthening, meditation, and more.
Ed graduated from Western Washington University in Bellingham, WA in 1990 with a B.A. Degree in Exercise Science and completed his Masters of Science degree in Physical Therapy in 1994 from the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Science in Des Moines, Iowa. Ed is also a Level 1 Certified Sports Coach through the USA Weightlifting Association.
Ed’s passion lies in manual structural therapy and exercise prescription.
His goal with all of his patients is to help them realize their full potential by maximizing their functional ability.