Empowered Natural Birth
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Describe a normal labor and delivery
- Perform pregnancy exercises to prepare the body for birth
- Make informed decisions about labor and delivery
- Eat a well balanced diet aimed at preventing complications during pregnancy
- Understand the importance of relaxation in labor and delivery
- Describe characteristics of a newborn baby
- There are no pre-requisites for this course but expectant mothers and their support person are encouraged to take it together.
This course is designed for women who are planning to have or are interested in learning about a natural childbirth in today's culture of medicalized birth.
Having a child by natural childbirth is one of the most exciting and memorable experiences of any woman’s life. But if you’re expecting a child (particularly if this is your first time), it can also be pretty overwhelming!
Your mind is undoubtedly filled with fear, uncertainty, and confusion. You want the best, most positive birth experience possible for you and your new baby… but you just don’t know where to turn to get support and answers to your questions!
This class is designed to educate you on what is normal during labor and delivery to allow you and your partner to make informed decisions around your birth. Focused specifically on for the mom who desires a low to no intervention birth, this class uses actual case studies, demonstrations, lectures and PDF handouts to prepare you to confidently step forward into labor, delivery and parenthood.
While this class will benefit most pregnant woman, it is not designed to replace the role of your medical provider and should not be construed as medical advice.
- This course is intended for expectant parents who want to be more informed about healthy nutrition and exercise during pregnancy, normal labor and delivery, and common medical interventions. Geared especially for couples looking for a natural birth experience, this course highlights natural pain management techniques. This course is probably not for you if you are planning a c-section birth.
Are you struggling to find the information you want about pregnancy, labor and delivery? Do you hope to have a natural birth and find unbiased information hard to find? You are not alone in your quest and have come to the right place for answers. Understand what this course is about and a bit more about your instructor in this lecture.
My passion for birth started after my own experience with having a natural childbirth. I believe that stories are a powerful teaching tool and this lecture discusses my frustration with finding the information I wanted to know when I was pregnant, along with an overview of my birth story.
So much time is spent during pregnancy reading and researching about baby gear, pregnancy, labor and delivery options; few people think about what those days and weeks immediately following the birth are like and what concerns they may have during this sensitive period. This lecture highlights basic concerns for the newborn baby and postpartum mom. This lecture is an introduction to the postnatal period and opens the door for you to explore further on the topics that interest or concern you.