Secrets of Sound for Self Healing (Advanced Course)
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 hour on-demand audio
- 20 articles
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Engage the natural healing process throughout your entire body during the course by participating in 7 sound healing activities.
- Understand the basic science behind how (and why) sound healing works, and how it connects to mind-body medicine to boost the healing process
- Harness the power of your conscious and subconscious mind to engage in your own self healing using specific energy tools to enhance your overall wellness, reduce stress and promote balance in the physical, mental and emotional body
- Know that the power of intention, thoughts, words, sound and music has been proven to affect us greatly and how we can use this information to help balance our body to assist us in creating a thriving, health filled life in the process
- Enjoy an advanced, much deeper knowledge, of the overall healing process
- Understand how to identify areas of the body that connect with our emotions and how to balance them to ignite deeper healing
- The introductory course, "Music as Medicine: How to Heal Yourself with Sound (Part 1) is required prior to taking this course, however it is FREE to you when purchasing this advanced course. Directions are included on how to access part 1 once you are inside the course.
- You just need to be open and willing to experience something new and have a desire to improve your life and/or the lives of your patients.
- Headphones or decent quality speakers so you can go through the sound session experience in a comfortable way.
- Special note: As with any course on health and healing, no matter which modality you might subscribe to (be it Western Allopathic or Alternative Medicine ... even if there is scientific proof), we cannot make any claim to something being curative or guarantee healing benefits. Therefore, while I do go through the science of this modality (and even discuss how medical professions around the world are using many of the methods I talk about in this course), the information contained herein is not meant to diagnose or treat illness and I cannot make any claims of cure due to legal bindings. If you are ill or injured, please seek out professional assistance and/or include your health care provider when embarking upon any self healing regimen.
"Sound" has been used in hospitals and clinics around the world to assist in killing cancer cells and breaking up kidney stones. AND... new research is pointing to music/sound as a healing modality to help with Parkinsons, Alzheimers, MS, Dystonia and more!
This course is about self-healing through sound... and can be used as a way to enhance wellness, personal growth, reduce stress and engage deeper healing. (Additionally, this is the advanced informational guide, which includes the first introductory course as well. So, you are getting both courses for the price of one!)
When you begin to learn about the various scientific aspects of sound, along with utilizing simple tools like deep breathing and mind-body awareness, you can begin to create a powerful setting for your physical, mental and emotional body and ignite a pathway to help you heal.
In this advanced course, I go deep into the subject of "sound" as a healing modality and give you several energy strategies you can apply immediately to help you enhance your healing journey. I also go over the science that explains why "sound" is a serious (and successful) modality to consider. **
You will have the opportunity to go through a full-body sound healing session that includes 7 sound activities and come back to the course at any time in order to use it again and again.
By empowering ourselves to participate in our own healing, our physical, mental and emotional bodies are engaged in ways that can bring about incredible transformation if we just take the time to apply and use the information . . . allowing us to potentially create a life full of thriving and joy.
Give yourself a fresh start by enrolling in this life-changing course now.
Any updates to this course are always free and you have lifetime access.
And ... there's a 30 day no questions asked, money-back guarantee - my personal promise to ensure your satisfaction.
**(Please note, while this is not a certified training course on how to become a sound healer, there are several components you can utilize to add to a variety of other healing modalities to any health practice. If you are looking for something more robust that includes training and certification, please contact me and I am happy to give you some additional suggestions.)
- Absolutely no experience is required, so this course is open to anyone (of any age) looking to enhance their own self healing by using sound or looking for new healing techniques in general as a preventative to illness.
- Science has now proven that sound can be exceptionally effective to promote healing and balance, however it is not a quick, overnight fix. This course is not for you if you are not open and willing to apply the tools and course material to your life.
Finding resource links in the lectures.
Please read through the information below to help you navigate through Udemy's course layout. If you have a question or need any help... please, please, please, contact me so I can assist you! ;-)
- At the top of the video in the right hand corner there is a blue button that says resources.
- Once you click, look to the right where a panel will appear. There are 4 tabs.
- The first tab is your original guide tab to the course sections.
- The 2nd tab has an arrow, it will show you if there are extra resources and/or videos to the section you are in. If there are, there will be links or additional information. Just click and it will download the document and/or take you to a Youtube link etc...
- The 3rd tab is for discussion. You can pose questions here and I usually check this area daily, if not every other day, to ensure everyone is taken care of.
- The 4th tab is for taking notes.
This lecture will provide you with an overall expectation of the course objectives.
This is a brief look at the world's history regarding sound use and who has been known to utilize this modality for healing.
Learn what sound healing is (in simple terms), so we can understand how we might use it in a therapeutic application.
Learn about how music and sound has been a miracle healing modality for a man with "dystonia", a disease that affects a person's ability to control their muscles.
In this lecture, I review how Sound Healing can be achieved through various methods, including the human voice.
I also discuss how everything in the Universe vibrates at its own individual resonance and, in order to heal, if we can find the right correlating frequency, it will bring it back into balance.
A quick note:
You will find that Music Therapy and Sound Therapy are listed as two separate modalities when it comes to healing.
To many individuals across the globe, Sound Healing and Music Therapy are exactly the same... while others may argue that each are different and present their own value as individual modalities.
Technically it's really challenging to discuss one without the other in our contemporary world. So, I believe all sides would agree that no matter which part of the fence they are on, SOUND HEALING would be the overall umbrella and Music Therapy would be listed as one of many therapeutic applications for sound.
Keeping it simple is a preference of mine due to the nature that I personally believe we can develop our intuition to guide us to the right practice and/or practitioner that we need. However, if you prefer to review an overall picture of inclusions, I have listed some approaches below since you will find that the education and training varies widely even though there are many similarities included in both.
Sound Healing tends to believe that sound itself impacts our overall functioning. Noted below are inclusive to sound healing overall:
- May use ideas from Eastern philosophy and medicine
- May include entrainment from rhythm, pitch and vibration
- May be utilized to entrain brain waves, hemisphere functioning, energetic pulses and more
- May use instruments from rattles and drums to various other standard instrumentation, tones and toning, vocal techniques, resonance therapy, chanting, sound projection into the body to engage the energy field, rhythmic entrainment, recorded music, and the list goes on.
We'll break some aspects down in this introductory course, however again... I like to keep things fairly simple so everyone can feel like they can access this information no matter where they are coming from in their life at this time.
I believe that each individual can sharpen their own internal guidance system just by going "within" for personal body awareness. So, while I will go into some detail for overall educational purposes, my hope is that you will use the information and begin to open up to your own intuitive nature ... which will in turn assist you on your path to personal wellness and healing.
Being conscious of our physical, mental and emotional states are key to our health and wellness. We just need to be more aware of everything within, through and around us. In this section we will review some of what we know from a scientific point of view and how we can use the information to help us in our process to gain overall wellness.
This video highlights the "Rice Consciousness Experiment" that was inspired by Dr. Masaru Emoto.
I conducted this experiment over a 28 day period of time.
I placed cooked rice in two different sanitized jars and sealed the lids. One jar was labeled "love" and the other was labeled "hate".
I spoke only loving thoughts to the jar labeled "love" and ignored the jar labeled "hate".
What you see in this video were my results.
Understand how the essence of breathing, meditation, our heart connection and inner guidance all work together to help you maximize your sound session.
While I do go into detail regarding this subject matter in the advanced course, I want to at least give you a quick overview here in the introduction course to understand its value... as it is an important element if you want to expedite and strengthen your ability to heal.
Please download the enclosed diagram to review before your sound session. While there is only some basic detail given on the sheet, I think you will understand the overall viewpoint. If anything, it will remind you of bringing the elements together so you can utilize them during the upcoming sound session and for future use.
Is there proof that meditation works? Absolutely.
While we won't go into a list of specifics here, it's good to know some of the basic information from the science based allopathic community.
While numerous studies have been conducted across the globe for over several years, in 2014 JAMA for Internal Medicine (Journal of the American Medical Association) published the results of 47 clinical trials that had over 3500 participants.
The findings from the study showed that there was definitive evidence of moderate improvement in anxiety, pain and even depression.
I mention some basic techniques in the video/audio about just getting "quiet" if you haven't had any meditation practice in the past. That said, I know some people prefer to have some basic instruction on what to do. While there are several methods, because we are working with "sound" for a specific purpose in this course, I will only list what works best as a combination to sound. In the advanced course I go into a bit more detail, but this should get you going.
So, here's a few simple methods to get you started:
This is a favorite of many because you get to be "creative" with your thoughts... AND it can become a very powerful and useful tool. You can create a beautiful setting for yourself or just follow the ribbons of the music and sound. Whatever your visualization, just ensure it's a relaxing one that invites you to let go and enjoy a moment of peace and serenity. Still unsure what to visualize? Try following the music with your mind's eye and imagine the notes and patterns as brilliant colors.
Focus on Your Breath
When your eyes are closed, begin to focus on your breath. The inhale, then the exhale. Be conscious of the physical, mental and emotional sensations that breathing creates. You can use this practice repeatedly during the entire meditation or just when something pops in your mind that you wish would not disturb you... you know, that inner assistant who likes to bother us with the details of everyday "to-do" lists. ;-) Just inhale and exhale them away.
If you have trouble focusing while listening to the audio only portion of the sound session, you can light a candle and stare at it. I will give you a video to use as well, however everyone is different and you might need some practice getting your mind to quiet down initially. Candle staring is as easy as it sounds. You light a candle and stare into it during the session. This helps hold your attention by assisting to keep it away from the monkey mind and laundry lists that tend to swirl around. Initially, your thoughts still might interfere, but if you just notice them and let them float away, you will eventually get used to the practice of letting go and it will become much easier for you.
Healing frequencies and essential oils. Click the article content and/or resources tab for additional information.
This section will help you prepare for your up coming sound session so you can begin your healing journey with ease and comfort!!
Per the audio and video notation:
When the music begins, I want you to focus on your heart opening up to more and more self love. If you aren't sure what that means, just say silently to yourself… "I love myself unconditionally and am open to healing myself through love … as love."
Opening up to who we really are.
Enclosed are the directions for the personal SWOT Analysis activity. (SWOT = Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)
Please follow the directions accordingly. There are two pdf documents to download and print.