Multiple Dropdown Lists Using jQuery, Ajax, MySQL and PHP
- 44 mins on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will be able to use jQuery AJAX calls to the server in order to update a HTML page
- Create database tables and populate using CSV files
- Use Emmet to quickly write HTML code
- Connect to a MySQL database using a PDO connection
- Read data from a database table
In this lesson you will create the database tables for the countries and states.
In this lesson you will see how Emmet can be used to quickly produce HTML code.
- You should be familiar with HTML, CSS, PHP, and MySQL
- You will need a PHP code editor and access to a MySQL database. I use Visual Studio Code and MAMP in the course. Any equivalent for your computer setup should be OK. Feel free to ask if unsure.
This is a short course designed to get you started using the jQuery AJAX method to post data to a PHP script and work with the retrieved database records. It is a follow along style course, not one to teach you every aspect of PHP, jQuery or MySQL...there are other courses for that. This course is quite specific in its focus.
In the course you will learn how to create the database tables and populate with CSV files before learning how to use the jQuery AJAX method to post data to a PHP script to retrieve database records and populate a dropdown list. This is commonly seen when completing HTML forms and you have to select the country and the state will auto-populate from the selection.
- Beginners to PHP, MySQL and jQuery who want to extend their understanding through a simple practical application. You should already have a fairly good grasp of PHP, HTML, MySQL or be confident enough to follow the lessons easily.