Make Unique Mosaics for Fun, Decorating and Profit!
What you'll learn
- Make fantastic and durable mosaics for fun, decorating and profit!
- Choose and prepare the tesserae (small bits of materials to make mosaics with)
- Fearlessly cut stained glass and tile for use as tesserae
- Decide on a method of constructing mosaics: Direct or indirect
- Use a glue or mastic to secure tessarae
- Mix and apply grout perfectly
- Display and enjoy!
- No experience is necessary
- You may spend $15-$50.00 US dollars depending on what materials you already have.
- But keep your eyes open! How about a jar of pennies, buttons or stones? These do not need cutting, only glue and grout!
- You may already have tile nippers, grout and mortar from other projects!
- You may buy pre-cut mosaic materials online or in stained glass stores- so no cutting is really necessary! Just skip those lectures and buy what you like from the thousands of choices in stores and online!
Mosaic Making for Fun, Decorating and Profit!
This course has been updated in January of 2020!! KT Caselli has students in 124 countries!
This course teaches you how to create a mosaic project from start to finish. Imagine the colorful, decorative and permanent mosaic projects you can make! This class will provide explanations and demonstration of all aspects of mosaic making, from simple stepping stones to much larger mosaic projects! How would you like a mosaic fireplace? Or a mosaic pathway in your patio? How about a mosaic back splash in your bathroom? See how to do this and more with indirect methodology and direct mosaic methods!
This class is for teens and adults looking for a challenging hobby. You can start with a minimal investment in a few tools, and some grout and mortar to make fabulous mosaic patterns out of stones, shells, stained glass, and ceramic tile or plates. A cost of $15-$50 US dollars is what you will need, depending on your aspirations and materials you may already have on hand.
Twenty-four lectures and nearly 2 hours of content in demonstrations, tips and advice await you in this step by step class by a mosaic and stained glass expert of nearly 20 years.
Mosaics have been a key art form for thousands of years, with some of the oldest still preserved. And modern pieces are just as inspiring today as the Greek and Roman masterpieces are from 4000-5000 years ago.
If you are interested in decorating projects, see the free section on inspiration to get a good picture of what you will be able to do during and after this class!
Who this course is for:
- Any teen or adult who is looking for a challenging and impactful hobby for decorating, gifts and art sales!
- Once enrolled you have permanent access to all lectures, and there is a full, 30 day guaranatee!
- Those looking to increase focused creative time
KT Caselli loves crafting in her spare time from her real profession, teaching adults in the corporate world. Some favorite offline hobbies are building stained glass windows, making mosaics, designing quilts, stenciling and gardening. KT has been enjoying simple and complex projects in stained glass, including built in windows and Tiffany style lamps for the past 20 years. KT knows all the tips, tricks and practice techniques to help you build a unique piece of art to decorate your home or those of your loved ones.
KT Caselli is also a 17 year veteran of the Learning and Development Industry. A certified Trainer and long-time Instructional Designer, KT also has her masters degree and years of public speaking experience. Her experience in classroom teaching and in online learning environments translates very well to teaching Udemy classes.