Mixing Electronic Music with Logic Pro
What you'll learn
- Learn the difference between production and mixing
- Understand how to use EQ's effectively to shape your mix
- You'll learn what compressors are and when and how to use them. Including difference circuit types
- Understand how to tame transients and make your mix tight with dynamics
- Have a clear understanding of creating delays for different types of instruments
- You'll learn how to use space designer as a sampling reverb
- You'll download multi-track stems for practice
- Understand that mixing is an attitude
- Web browser: We recommend using Firefox, Chrome or Safari
- Mac with an Intel processor Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later
- Logic Pro 9 or Logic Pro X - Available on the app store
So you're a producer, DJ or an aspiring musician...?
Then this course is for you. It's about mixing electronic music. Wether it's mixing your own productions or maybe a remix you are working on or a demo track for a record label. To make your mixes shine, add that punch and quality to your sound.
What Makes "Good" Mixing?
In this online mixing course you’ll learn how to use the four clear principles of good mixing. And all the techniques and exercises are carefully designed to fit within that structure. Every time you do one, you are building technique in one of those four principles.
Practice Makes Perfect?
When people tell you that you need to practice mixing, it's hard to know what that means. Well, this course gives you one full mix available for you to download to get all the practice you need, to find your own style, and to build the confidence to know what a great mix should sound like. Go through them day by day, or just pick any one to get started writing.
Who's This For?
This electronic mixing course is designed for producers, DJs and musicians at any level, from this course you will learn how to mix from good to great in just five minutes a day!
If you're also taking Deep House Course, then these are perfect techniques to get you into the mixing in the first week of that course while you're planning out your book.
Shown in Logic, but applicable to any DAW, this online mixing course is perfect fit for anyone on any DAWY, the same principles apply and these exercises will help you learn how to mix great tunes whatever platform you are using. The techniques can be applied to a range of electronic music genres.
By the end of this course you will have acquired a greater understanding of the mixing process.
So give it a go and I really hope to see you inside this course.
Who this course is for:
- Producers who want to mix House, Tech House, Deep House, Minimal/Electro styles of EDM
- DJs interested in knowing more about mixing dance music
- Song writers, vocalists and musicians who want to make their tracks sound better
- Producers who have a working knowledge of Logic Pro
I co-founded Audyolab is a music production apprenticeship program on steroids. We organize intensive workshops covering many facets of modern music production technology and entrepreneurship. We focus on hands-on learning over old-school lectures. From day one, you'll dig in and start producing music. It's the only way to learn. Attendees will participate in seminars, attend sessions and workshops in downtown Washington DC.
Learning music production alone is an arduous and lonely journey, and music technology is a constantly evolving discipline. Self-learning brings mistakes and breeds mediocrity. Audyolab aims to improve the rate of producer success by providing high-potential talent with expert training, critical objective feedback, and peer support in the early stages of building his/her production career.
Great People + Expert Training + Aligned Incentives = Exponentially Better Chance of Success