Japanese Pastry Course #6 Minimalist cake
What you'll learn
- Become an expert at baking amazing Minimalist cake which has been popular around the world these days.
- Find the secret of baking the classic fluffy Japanese sponge cake.
- Learn to make perfect Italian butter cream frosting and delicious cream cheese filling.
- Learn techniques for frosting and decorating cakes.
- How to cut the cake beautifully and serve it for your guest.
- Bring your passion for baking!
- A stand mixer will be necessary.
- Some other small kitchen tools will be required, however most of them you may already have.
Hello and welcome to Sweets Academy Japan, INDY ASSA!
My name is Asami, a pastry chef from Japan.
In this course, I’d like to introduce you to Minimalist cake.
Have you heard of Minimalist cake which has become popular in Korea and around the world lately?
In the past, cakes with lots of fruit and dramatic decorations were popular, but recently simple designs have also become popular as they are refreshing, stylish and sleek. This recipe is similar to the Western style buttercream cake, but personally, I prefer a light, not too sweet cake rather than a dense sponge cake with rich buttercream. Therefore, I have taken the time to perfect it in my own style. I am excited to share it with you!
In this course, we’re gonna learn soft and fluffy Japanese sponge cake, a rich yet light cream cheese filling and a silky buttercream for the outside.
Whether you want to make this cake for your loved one's birthday or you are a professional chef who wants to add another dessert to your repertoire, this cake is just what you need.
I’m going to show you not only the recipe, but common mistakes and the solutions, and other helpful tips. Unlike when you just watch the average cooking video, you can ask me questions anytime on my Q&A page.
Are you ready to jump in and learn new styles of delectable cakes?
Let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- For Japanese sweets lovers, baking lovers, sweets lovers, Japanese food lovers...for everyone!
Asami is a professionally trained chef, experienced in France and Japan for more than 10 years.
She learned basic pastry skills at the most famous pastry school in Japan, TSUJI culinary institute group. Then she moved to France and worked at a French pastry shop, where she learned authentic French pastry skills.
She came back to Japan and worked as a chef for 7 years.
And then she decided to go and explore the world. She visited more than 40 countries in Asia, The Middle East, Europe, Africa, South America and North America. She learned new cultures and traditions, enjoyed food and sweets from every country she visited.
She moved to Dubai and opened her own pastry class, she taught pastry skills to not only Japanese but also to people from all over the world. Dubai is a multicultural city so she learned Italian, French, Indian, Chinese and Arabic cooking styles from her friends.
Now she is back in Tokyo, working as a pastry teacher and blogger.
She wants to share her passion for cooking with people from all over the world.