Mindfulness Meditation a 21 Day Guided Programme
What you'll learn
- You will have experienced a 21 day structured programme of practise and so understand what meditative mindfulness practise entails and have a foundation or knowledge and experience that will allow you to integrate this type of practise into your life on a longer term basis
- You will have strengthened you body and posture, through disciplined daily practise and have a better connection with your body
- You will have practised and increased your ability to hold stillness in your body and your mind
- You will also have developed your understanding of how your physical breathing patterns are affected with changing activity in the mind and with your emotions and how to manage this
- You will have developed more efficient and relaxed breathing patterns, through the practise of controlled breathing and breathing more fully
- You will have improved your levels of concentration and ability to focus, through extended periods of focused attention
- You will have learnt and practised techniques to relax the body and in doing so created new habits of awareness and an increased you ability to handle stress and anxiety
- You will have practise the techniques and exercises to help you create a deeper understanding of how to create and maintain a deeper sense of calm within the mind and body
- As long as you have the ability to breath, listen and think then you have all the skills you require to start this course. Please note though that although this course is fully guided, so that learning is gained through experience rather than study, it does require students to be disciplined, to dedicate time and to commit themselves to the guided exercises in order to gain the best results.
Being fully guided; the programme in this course is designed to accelerate the experience of mindfulness meditation for individuals, as well as laying the foundations for a life time of practise. All you need to do is set aside time and follow the guidance given in daily exercises.
Improve your ability to relax, gain more mental clarity, increase awareness and the ability to focus attention and increase your sense of well being. These benefits come through repeated practise which this 21 Day programme gives you the opportunity to experience.
Experience Mindful Meditation, learning and practising techniques to relax your body and calm your mind
- Develop the discipline of mindfulness
- Create new habits for a calmer more balanced mind and body
- Deepen your understanding of yourself
- Experience the benefits that regular mindfulness meditation gives
Mindfulness practise has been in the consciousness of Eastern philosophy for over two and a half thousand years and is currently gaining increased popularity in more western cultures. Although its origins are associated with Buddhism, the practise of mindfulness is in no way a religious or philosophical undertaking.
Mindfulness is instead a practise and skill, an ability that we all possess and use to lesser or greater degrees and has been the subject of much western analysis since the late 1960's. As a personal practise it helps develop a deeper understanding of self, as well as providing the practitioner with a range of physical, mental and emotional benefits.
Divided into 5 sections. Section 1 introduces you to what Mindfulness is and how Mindfulness meditation is used to calm a busy mind. Then, sections 2, 3 and 4 contain the 21 day programme, 7 days per section, with each of the 21 days having a ‘Point of Focus’, a key learning objective to be achieved during the guided, morning and evening exercises. The final section, section 5, gives advice on the next steps as you look to continue your Mindfulness journey.
By the end of this course you will have completed over 760 minutes of seated mindfulness meditation, gone through 21 days of exercises, each with their own learning objectives. You will have improved your posture, developed more control over your breathing, learnt how to relax your body and calm your mind and hopefully started to recognise the benefits that mindfulness practise gives you, outside of this course.
Who this course is for:
- Those who want an experience of what regular mindfulness practise can do for you and want to develop habits that will benefit their state of wellbeing beyond this course
- The course is designed for those who have no previous experience, but is also a useful course for those that have fallen out of practise or are interested in boosting their current practise
- The course is designed for individuals; however this could also be used by a group sitting together for the audio exercises
- Suitable for anyone interested in understanding more about themselves
- This is not designed for long term, experienced practitioners, unless of course you feel drawn to the material in the course
- If you have any questions about the suitability of this course for you, then please feel free to email me at Jeremy@dtcw.co.uk
To date, I have accumulated a broad range of experience during my working life and now predominantly operate as an independent coach, trainer and consultant.
Before embarking on my first career and at the age of 18, I spent a year travelling and working in Southern Africa, Asia and the Far East. It was however during the subsequent five and a half years, serving as a Royal Marine Commando Officer, that I developed a keen interest in human potential and the psychological, physical and emotional factors that affect our performance. So upon completion of my commission, I decided to resume studies and re-train as a therapist and coach.
By 2001, four years after leaving the military, I had qualified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist, Counsellor, NLP Master Practitioner and Physical Training Instructor and after initially following a therapeutic framework, I quickly moved to a coaching model with clients. Today, 13 years on, I feel very privileged to have worked with some amazing individuals and remain enthused by my coaching work, humbled by the ever present learning curve that one experiences in this field.
In addition to my coaching and training work, I am however also very fortunate to have been able to develop much commercial experience, having been involved with new business ventures, as well as being engaged as a consultant in both the commercial, government and humanitarian sectors. This variety has seen me living and working abroad, including Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Jordan, Italy and France, as well as the UK. Always keen to take on new challenges, I have been lucky enough to find projects and challenges that have really promoted positive change and often involved the support and development of people, businesses and ideas.