Mindful Eating - Healthy Eating Habits for Life!
- No previous knowledge is needed, just an openess to learn and cultivate self discovery.
- You will need a tablet, computer or smart phone to access the course and access to a printer if you wish to print the course materials.
- Do you eat when you are not hungry?
- Have you stopped listening to your body when eating & making food choices?
- Would you like to never 'diet' again?
- Would you like to make weight loss and healthful eating habits a way of life?
In the Mindful Eating Program you will go on a journey of self discovery and total tranformation with regards to how you eat & think about food. We will look at what, why & when you eat and find new eating habits that serve you in a better, healthier way. You will learn how to use mindfulness & awareness to stop seeing food as 'the enemy' and rediscover healthful, happy eating that also offers sustainable weight loss and a life long healthful relationship with food.
This course includes 32 lectures with many 'try at home' eating & mindfulness exercises. These exercises will help you to implement the course information into your daily routines and change the way you eat forever. This is not just a course it is a new way of eating & living!
This course can be taken lecture by lecture or section by section over the course of a few hours or (as recommended) over the period of a few weeks (this will allow you to implement the new ways of eating into your life & get the best results from the course and the accompanying eating and mindfulness exercises).
Please see the course curriculum for more details of the course content.
Who this course is for:
- Students who wish to deepen thier mindfulness practice to include food and eating
- Students who wish to lose weight, sustain healthy weight & eat in a way that makes you feel good both in body and mind!
Hi! I'm Sarah Jensen.
I am the founder & main facilitator of Self Space, providing a range of courses, programs & coaching sessions to cultivate wellbeing (especially working with mindfulness, meditation & self awareness.)
Here is my story...
My working life began as a young woman craving travel and experience. I worked for nine years as a nanny/governess in Central Europe. Following this I started my own Recruitment Agency based in Switzerland supplying nannies to English families.
In 2006 I started experiencing some anxiety for the first time in my life. It took me awhile of just living with it and then I started to look at ways to manage it and ultimately, get rid of the anxious thoughts! This led me into the world of some great teachers such as Eckhart Tolle & Jon Kabat Zinn (leaders in mindfulness and mastering ones thoughts).
In 2012 I returned 'home' to England and began to reassess my life. I rekindled my passion for working in the wellbeing field. I had just hit 40 and thought “Do I want to do what I'm doing for the rest of my life?" The answer was “Definitely Not!"
Shortly after this I sold my recruitment business. This allowed me the luxury to take two years off to study and discover more about myself.
One thing I realised during my time 'off' was that if you give people time and space, they can discover who they are and what they want, they can work on themselves and heal themselves often just by changing the way they think about things. This was my inspiration for 'Self Space' which was formed in April 2014…and continues to grow…as do I…
- 2003 – Diet & Nutrition Diploma – Stonebridge Associated Colleges
- 2004 – Life Skills Coaching (Level 3) – Stonebridge Associated Colleges
- 2013 – Life Skills Coaching Advanced (Level 4) – Stonebridge Associated Colleges
- 2014 – Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program – Guildford Meditation
- 2014 – Continued Mindful Practice & supervision with Guildford Meditation
- 2014 – Meditation Teacher Training – BSY (British School of Yoga)
- 2016 - Practical Philosophy - 10 week course
Member of Association for Coaching® (AC), Hand Picked Therapists (Surrey & Hampshire), The Slow Food Org UK