Advanced Influencing Skills for Business
What you'll learn
- Teach yourself how to read minds by paying close attention to our primary processing language, metaphor, in order to build up a dynamic model of how others think and to use this insight to influence through understanding, clarity and co-operation
- Recognise the role of metaphor in creating human understanding
- Appreciate the distinction between obvious and complex metaphors
- Become sensitive to the way in which individuals use unique metaphors to describe their inner thought life
- Ask questions to prompt the use of metaphor and to add additional layers of detail to them
- Having become attuned to a person's metaphors be able to construct a simple map of how their thought processes operate
- Armed with all of the above and after a lot of practice you will be a Mind Reader
- As a mind reader you will avoid the expensive errors arising from misunderstanding
- Use your new skills to create clarity, understanding and co-operation
- You can not use Mind Reading to influence people to do anything against their will- do not waste time trying to do as it will not work and you will harm your working relationships
- You will not need learning materials - all the content is listening based
- Access to a voice recorder would be useful but not essential
- Practice is essential - we can help you to find practice partners
- Transcribing recorded conversations will aid your accuracy in listening and summarising
This course will give you practical experience in the art of listening and understanding metaphors used in normal business conversations in order to build trust and rapport and to become a skilled influencer.
You will learn a simple technique that gives you an insight into the patterns of thought which control the way people behave which would place you in a much better position to influence others positively. This is a simple and effective way to “read” their minds.
In this course, you will learn to:
- Build trust, rapport and understanding
- Adapt your communication style to best fit your working environment
- Prevent misunderstanding in your workplace
- Spot repeating patterns of behaviour in yourself and others and their implications
Who is this course for?
- It is designed for entrepreneurs,
- sales people,
- HR professionals and
- anyone who is required to facilitate performance improvement.
In this course you will learn a simple technique to give you insight into the patterns of thought which control the way people behave. It involves paying close attention to the metaphors which they use in normal conversation.
When you learn to listen to understand rather than listeniing to answer back you will be in a much better position to influence others in a positive way.
This is a simple and effective way to read their minds.
The technique confers obvious and enormous commercial advantages upon you especially if you are an influencer who is required to create the conditions for beneficial change. It's designed for entrepreneurs, managers, marketers, sales people, HR professionals and anyone who is required to facilitate performance improvement.
Metaphor is our primary processing language. It's the way we describe one thing in terms of something else with which we have a greater familiarity. Metaphor is the medium we use to create understanding. It's hard to overstate the importance of metaphor.
We will teach you a set of questions to explore the detail and relationships held within their metaphors. This is known a their psychoactive landscape and you will come to know it well.
The course begins by introducing you to the use of metaphor by
Sir Richard Branson, Warren Buffett and Indra Nooyi, CEO of Pepsico.
Real life recordings of the technique in action are introduced and then we suggest ways in which you can gain practical experience including practice Skype sessions which are included with this course. You can only learn by listening and repeating which is a fun and effective way of absorbing the lessons.
The course is not about some magical theatrical effect in which you can have people reveal facts about themselves in trance but rather the opportunity for you to tune into what they reveal about themselves with every word they say.
Watch the FREE preview and enrol today.
Who this course is for:
- If your job is to create the conditions in which beneficial change can occur then this course is for you
Courses to help you improve covering:
* Influencing Skills
* Communication Skills
* Public Speaking
* Stress Management
* Handling Feedback
* Business Writing
* Decision Making
* Dyslexia at Work
* Alcohol Misuse
Affordable and accessible any time and any place.
You can learn in total privacy.
We are on-hand to offer personal support via Skype or Zoom should you need it. We've been where you are now.
Preview our courses before you enrol today.
About Peter Urey.
Trained to advanced level in personal coaching techniques including Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling, Hoshin Planning, Business NLP and HP's Leadership Development Programme.
Experienced coach for Hewlett Packard, Symantec, Canon, Epson plus many more.
Educated in Law at University of Oxford.
Aged 60, married 33 years, 3 adult children.
Student of Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling under Marian Way, author of Clean Approaches for Coaches.
Black Belt in Karate.