Meditate for How You Feel
What you'll learn
- How to use your current emotional state to ease into meditation
- Whether your emotions are air, fire, or earth-dominant and how to balance them out
- Your unique mind-body constitution, according to Ayurveda
- How to meditate when you are feeling restless, worried, anxious
- How to meditate when you are feeling stressed, impatient, self-critical
- How to meditate when you are feeling low energy, dull, uninspired
- Breathing techniques to calm, chill, and uplift your energy, according to your needs in the moment
- What diet best supports a meditation practice
- Be open to learning an individualized meditation approach that honors your emotions
- Want to start a meditation practice or refresh an existing one
- Welcome all your feelings!
- Be able to watch video tutorials and practice the guided activities
Have you tried to meditate, but couldn't because you felt restless, anxious, stressed, bored or else? If so, welcome! This course will meet you exactly where you are. Bypassing your emotions can cause you to struggle with meditation, and ultimately give up, missing out on the countless benefits of this amazing practice. No more.
In this course, you will learn how to work with, instead of fight, your current emotional state, to ease into meditation. This approach to meditation is organic, so you can make it a part of your daily self-care, and truly benefit from this life-changing practice.
In this course, you will:
Practice an individualized approach to meditation, based on your current emotional
Identify your emotions by their dominant element (air, ether, fire, water, earth)
Practice meditation techniques to balance your energy, whether you are feeling high, low or all-over
Find out your Ayurvedic mind-body constitution (dosha) and what you need to do to keep yourself balanced
Use your breath to relax, focus, cool down, warm up, energize or lift your spirit, according to your needs of the moment
Clarify your intentions for meditating, in order to get results
Discover which diet is most supportive to your meditation practice
Why learn about meditation?
In a world where everything is changing so rapidly, knowing how to stay grounded in yourself is of the essence, for your health and life enjoyment. Meditation is a profoundly grounding practice. It will help you access a state where you feel calm, clear-minded, and able to navigate your life's circumstances with ease. As such, it truly is a life skill.
Meditation has been shown to lower high blood pressure, relieve stress, anxiety, depression, increase focus, creativity, productivity, and more.
Why focus on my emotions?
If you are human, you most likely experience a bunch of emotions, daily! Emotions have so much energy in them. If not handled skillfully, this energy can create problems, and definitely get in the way of your meditation practice, which may never get off the ground precisely because those emotions are getting the better of you! Conversely, one might "sit down to meditate", and do nothing but battle with thoughts, restlessness, or boredom. This course will show you how to meet and regulate the energy of your emotions for an easy entry into meditation.
Some of the exercises you will complete:
Clarify your intention(s) for your meditation practice, to get results
Practice progressive muscle relaxation
Learn abdominal, or diaphragmatic breathing
Take a questionnaire to determine your ayurvedic constitution (or dosha)
Take a questionnaire to determine your current emotional state based on the Five Elements, and how to balance it out
Practice breathing techniques to ground yourself, when you feeling are worried, restless, anxious...
Practice breathing techniques to help you chill when you are feeling stressed, impatient, irritable...
Practice breathing techniques to energize you, when you are feeling stuck, down, uninspired...
Learn and practice a total of 6 guided meditations, 2 for each category of emotions (air, fire or earth-dominant)
Why this meditation course is different?
No meditation technique works for everyone, every time. This course teaches an individualized approach to meditation, informed by Ayurveda, itself an individualized system of healing. Meditate for How You Feel takes into account the student's unique mind-body constitution, as well as their current emotional state, for a more authentic experience of meditation.
Enroll now and join me on this meditation journey!
Who this course is for:
- Individuals new to meditation
- Anybody who has found it difficult to meditate because of feeling restless, anxious, stressed, self-critical, bored...or other!
- Anybody wanting to make meditation part of their self-care (mental care) routine
- Anybody seeking natural relief from stress, anxiety, confusion
- Anybody curious to learn a meditation approach informed by Ayurveda
Sylvie Barthelemy is a certified professional coach, Ayurveda practitioner, and licensed massage therapist. She has over twenty four years of experience teaching yoga and meditation to stressed-out New Yorkers. Her passion is to help people cultivate a calm mind, a fearless heart and joyful spirit, all to ultimately navigate life with ease.
Sylvie's healing approach is flexible and integrative, often using a combination of the aforementioned modalities to meet the needs of her clients.
For the past three years, Sylvie has been training to become a somatic, or body-oriented therapist. This mind-body approach to emotional healing helps individuals break free of their defensive patterns, and release blocked energy. The result is a greater sense of freedom and aliveness. Stay tuned for more on this transformational modality soon.