Master your German
- 43 mins on-demand video
- 4 mins on-demand audio
- 3 articles
- 26 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- master their use of the German language efficiently in understanding, speaking, reading and writing.
- feel confident to join conversations in the target language and understand native speakers of the target language German.
- be able to understand advanced and difficult videos, audios and written texts of the target language.
- be able to write their own informed texts related to topics they have chosen.
- proceed learning German at their own pace.
- be prepared to live and study in Germany.
- they must have achieved an intermediate level of German which is (lower) B 1 according to the Common European Framework (CEF).
- general computer skills including web research and common knowledge how to use a PC or Laptop.
- online access.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
"Master your German online"
In my course, which is NOT a traditional language course, you will learn how to master and improve your language skills over a given time span of your own choice by using open and free online resources which are authentic and constantly updated by institutions and different providers.
Who Is This Course For?
The target group of my course are adult and highly motivated students of German worldwide who have already achieved an intermediate level of German (B 1 / B2 according to the European Common Framework) either at their schools or universities or in other contexts. Improving your “Business German" is not directly addressed in this course, but can be mastered as well by choosing your own resources online.
No teaching but coaching
I will take you step by step through known portals like the website of the GOETHE-INSTITUT and DEUTSCHE WELLE and others and help you to create and develop your individual and powerful pathway to improve your understanding of authentic videos and texts and media updates in the target language. Based on my 35 years experience of teaching languages and literature I will demonstrate how you can improve your grammar, your reading and writing skills and how you will boost up your German without losing interest in the subject matter.
I will use a clear project based lesson structure for my course allowing you to follow my examples and then explore freely on your own without further guidance and tutoring. This adult learning concept trusts that you will not have to study texts or videos on subject matters you are not interested in.
So no waste of time and lost energies.
This course is suitable for anyone with normal computer and IT skills.
If in trouble I will be available to guide you through possible solutions teaching you to find answers on the net or on special forums plus my own Wordpress Blog.
What will you be able to do after taking this course?
By the end of the training you will know how to:
- Navigate the portals above successfully and bookmark the relevant sites you need for your own second language development.
- Know how to use videos, audio and text resources to master and improve your language skills.
- Be able to use audio resources of your choice and find text versions so that you can read what you are listening to (2 channel learning)
What Is Covered In this Course?
- Introduction - Motivation and adult learning concepts
- Learning German with the GOETHE - INSTITUT
- Learning German with DEUTSCHE WELLE
- SPIEGEL online - Authentic texts, Audio and Video resources in the target language
- SPIEGEL online INTERNATIONAL - English resources and how to use them to boost your German
- Projekt Gutenberg - reading German literature online and how to get audio resources or English translations to boost your German
- The novel "Jahrestage" by Uwe Johnson / a free audio streaming project
- Master your general communication skills
- How to communicate effectively
- Reading strategies - how to improve reading comprehension
- Master your vocabulary
- Master your grammar skills
- Final ideas and support
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you are not happy with the course for any reason whatsoever, you are entitled to a 30 day money back guarantee. No questions asked.
The course will be upgraded regularly and students' feedback will be considered for further updates.
WHAT'S IN THE COURSE?
1 To start with 10 sections and 20 lectures / more than 20 hours of content according to your own navigation and needs
2 You will be able to navigate the GOETHE Website and DEUTSCHE WELLE and bookmark the relevant sites of your choice
3 You will be able to participate in forums with likeminded students of German
4 You will be able to find partners for mail exchange in both German and English
5 You will be able to find partners for SKYPE sessions to practise and improve your German
6 This course will be upgraded and extended / more to come via my Wordpress Blog with regular posts.
1 Normal computer skills and access to the internet
2 A minimum of 2 to 3 hours per week to boost your German
3 A high degree of self motivation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
1 This course is designed for students of German worldwide who have already achieved an intermediate knowledge of the target language - Level B1 minimum.
2 This course is not a traditional language course but rather coaching you and navigate you through online resources according to your own pace.
3 This course is highly suitable for teachers of German worldwide who want to feel more confident in front of their language classes.
- motivated adult learners with intermediate knowledge of German from previous courses.
- students of German worldwide who want to boost and master their language skills.
- beginning teachers of German worldwide
- teachers of German worldwide who want to boost their language skills
- NOT for students who expect a language course. This course is about self motivation and autonomous online learning on a rather intermediate level.
- the time frame is absolutely the learners' choice from 2 to 3 years and longer.
- Anyone who wants to visit Germany on a regular base or who wants to study and live there.
Navigating students through two known German portals: The Goethe - Institut based in Munich and Deutsche Welle, which has a long tradition of broadcasting radio, TV and online as well. Great for general NEWS and Landeskunde / German point of views. The Deutsche Welle has its own TV channels worldwide, however the archive and online portal is excellent for Learning German / reports and features from a German point of view. The more you know about the subject the more you will like this website for Learning German. Check out the Online courses first as they are all free.
There is a general video introduction first. You might wish to skip this and download slides and audio.
The presentation can be downloaded and is read to the students - to get into this course I would suggest combinig reading the slides while listening to my audio. This method is essential for the speed and success of your learning curve and may be applied at all times. The more difficult the chosen text the more necessary the audio supporting your reading. Later students can choose between reading and audio, not doing both at the same time.
These 7 slides navigate through the resources of Deutsche Welle >> Learning German. After this module students will be able to overview all the courses and resources and bookmark sites they are interested in. Free resources are available via Itunes and will be constantly updated. This includes audio and video for listening and viewing comprehension and more.
In this section I will navigate you through videos and other authentic resources to boost your comprehension of German.
This section makes use of the well known weekly SPIEGEL magazine. As there is an International English version, students can work on authentic resources and articles they choose because they want to explore topics and issues and widen their knowledge of thematic fields. With this background they will work on German resources of their choice. Recommended are videos and texts which are not too long to be able to comprehend fast and afterwards make use of the new language bits and peaces acquired.
Watch the video first and then navigate through the LINKS given. One shorter text per week would be a good start. Find texts / books you like to study / read and work on. Share the results of your work with other learners according to interest and need. You may use any platform you find on the web. A good start is the MY Goethe LINK and registration. SKYPE sessions to speak about texts you have worked on are highly recommended. Feedback is welcome and I will publish more on this site within this UDEMY course.
Diese PDF fasst alle Bereiche zusammen, welche Redemittel zu erstellen und zu lernen sind. Lege dir eine uebersichtliche Sammlung zu jeder Funktion an und notiere dazu alles, was dir wichtig ist. Beispiele findest du in der taeglichem und woechentlichen Arbeit: Alles aufschreiben und notieren, was dir gefaellt, besonders idiomatische Wendungen.
2 Examples - working on poems: TRAKL and GOETHE.
Possible TASK: Enjoy this poem. Find 3 - 5 of your own choice. Translate them into your mother tongue. Learn the German poem by heart and record them. Listen to your interpretation and impress your audiences when appropriate.