Making Homemade Wine: A Step-by-Step Guide!
What you'll learn
- Produce homemade wine (from juice) by following an easy to follow, step-by step process
- Make your very own custom dry red table wine or sweet red wine
- Understand wine making terminology
- Learn how yeast produces alcohol in the process of fermentation
- Familiarize with, use and understand the necessary equipment to make wine
- Learn how to bottle and store your wine
- Make educated decisions on the type of grape juice that would make your favorite wine
- Create a professional looking bottle with labels and other tricks!
- No prior knowledge necessary! Enjoy making your own wine and be proud of it!
- Have a place to make the wine like a basement or garage
- Make a small investment in equipment that will pay off in the long run
Welcome and congratulations on your desire to learn how to make your very own homemade wine that you will be proud to serve to friends and family! Throughout the course I will teach you basic wine making terms, the supplies you will need, how it all works and how to make wine following easy step-by-step directions. I have made sweet red, dry red, and port wine from juice and from grapes. We will focus primarily on making wine from grape juice that you can buy from a wine supply store. This is a fun hobby that allows you to experiment and make a totally custom wine. Your excitement will grow from year-to-year as you make different types of wine that you love. I hope you start a new tradition that will stay in your family for years to come, just as I make wine every year with my family. After this experience you may even want to try making wine from grapes!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners who want to learn how to make their own homemade wine and are willing to make a small investment in supplies. Even if you know a little about wine you may benefit from learning terms and processes.
I am an Industrial Technology teacher of Architecture, CAD Engineering and Robotics. So, I know how to make things, including wine! I originally planned on making a course about Engineering or related material. I decided that there was already a good deal of such videos already being offered on Udemy, so I decided to create a course about something I have been doing for many years. I am very passionate about making wine, and I have been doing so for about 10 years. I have made a variety of wines including apple, dry red wine, sweet red wine and even port. It is my families tradition to make wine every year and I would love to help others start such traditions with their families. We make about 100 gallons per year of red wine from a variety of California grapes. Although making wine directly from grapes is a little more challenging and expensive so I decided to offer an easier course for beginners. The course will focus on making wine from freshly pressed grape juice that can be purchased at a wine supply store. I have also made wine this way and I have all the necessary equipment. With my many years of experience I have learned a great deal about the winemaking process and what can go wrong and how to fix it or avoid it. I have read countless books, articles and have talked to other winemakers. If I can put all my knowledge in one place, I could save others many hours of frustration and confusion. My course will review basic wine terms, theory, all the equipment they will need. Students will learn exactly how to make wine by watching my step-by-step videos of the process. I am very excited to get started, lets make some wine!