Editing on Mobile - Video Editing on iOS & Android phones
What you'll learn
- The affordable must-have gear for smartphone video production
- How to master the fundamentals of smartphone video storytelling
- The essential smartphone camera settings for better videos
- How to make sense of resolutions, frame rates, color space and Codecs like ProRes
- The best FREE apps for taking your smartphone videos to the next level
- Master cinematic shots, patterns, movements, and angles
- How to use gimbals, drones and action cams with a phone
- iPhone or Android smartphone
- Access to a computer with an internet connection
Ready to take your smartphone videos to the next level?
New for 2022 UPDATE!
This masterclass has been refreshed with more new tutorials and improved organization to guide you to quickly be your best!
Learn how to create professional-looking videos on your iPhone or Android — ZERO experience or technical know-how required.
Whether you’re creating content for YouTube, Instagram, your website, or another platform… this best-selling Udemy course - produced by an internationally-recognized filmmaker - will quickly and easily teach you best practices for producing, shooting, and editing videos on your smartphone.
This is a masterclass with more than four hours of detailed instruction, class projects and downloadable assets.
The course is organized into three sections.
1) The first section focuses on learning proper editing techniques with iMovie. Sample clips are included so you can start right learning the video production process right away.
2) The second section builds on this by teaching different video editing techniques with a free video editing app that works on both Android and Apple devices.
3) The third section focuses on the craft of filmmaking. You will learn how to make and assemble interesting shots in order to tell visual stories. This section is project-based and by making the 10 projects, you will build a portfolio of skills from this course.
You can create compelling mobile video content WITHOUT all the time and frustration that typically comes along with learning this highly in-demand skill.
"A good course for beginners on videography using a smartphone. It teaches you what it takes to 'film' and edit a good video project using tried and true tools and techniques."
— Terry Quinalty
Pro filmmaker and journalism instructor Robb Montgomery has won awards at 21 international film festivals with his documentaries shot on an iPhone 6S+ — and now he’s sharing his decades of experience and knowledge with you in this best-selling Udemy course.
"This course by Robb Montgomery is packed with rich content and information on how to create videos. Each lecture provided instructional materials and tools to help you make video production easy. This is a course not to be missed. "
— Jane Lee
Whether you’re a total newbie to smartphone videos, are looking to brush up your video storytelling skills, or want to learn advanced multi-track video editing techniques, this course is for you. Through real-world examples, you’ll learn how to create captivating video stories with just your iPhone (or Android) without getting bogged down in tons of technical details.
This comprehensive course contains 85 informative lectures, 5 hours of video instruction, and 10 video story projects. The video exercises, case studies, and behind-the-scenes tutorials will build your video storytelling skills from scratch.
After completing this course, you’ll better understand how to:
Produce mobile video documentaries and features
Explore cinematic mobile journalism
Compose the storytelling fundamentals for filming a great scene
Explore shooting and editing techniques used by cinematographers
Practice the shots, patterns, movements, and angles commonly used by filmmakers
Apply cinematic filming techniques that support the director’s intent with creative choices
...WITHOUT spending months (or even years) learning through trial and error, spending thousands of dollars on fancy equipment, or outsourcing your video projects to highly-paid professionals.
This course is designed to help answer the questions you may already have in mind. Such as:
Why shoot on a smartphone?
Which phone is best?
What are the pros and cons of mobile video editing?
What is the best mobile filmmaking approach?
How do I edit a video like a pro?
What are the tools and techniques?
What are the best apps for cinematography?
This best-selling course has been updated for 2022 with all the latest features — but if you’re worried you need to shell out big bucks for the latest smartphone model, don’t be! You’ll see humble older-model iPhones and Samsung smartphones used throughout this course. Robb wants every student to understand that “the music is not in the violin.” Once you learn his basic fundamentals of video storytelling and mobile video editing, you’ll be able to make incredible videos with ANY smartphone — WITHOUT upgrading to the newest model every year.
Read what thousands of satisfied students are saying:
"Once I started the course, I could not quit until I had completed it. Each segment was interesting, informative, creatively presented and edited with precision. I loved the course and learned a lot from it."
— Randy Hendricks
"Robb's teaching style is very engaging and he does a great job of presenting the material in an easy-to-learn manner."
— Daniel Clifton
“Thoroughly informative and very enjoyable. Answered the many questions that I had. I would highly recommend this course to anyone starting out.”
— Mike Hardley
This course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not 100% satisfied, you’ll receive a full refund. What do you really have to lose? Enroll now and get on the fast track to learning how to produce, shoot, and edit video on your iPhone or Android.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner mobile filmmakers
- Social media pros or amateurs who are ready to uplevel their YouTube or Instagram video content
- Beginner cinematographers
- People who want to learn & explore mobile cinematography
Robb Montgomery is an American mobile journalism expert based in Berlin.
He is the author of Smartphone Video Storytelling and Mobile Journalism textbooks and the chair of the Mobile Journalism Awards competition.
His documentary films have been awarded at global film festivals and he trains journalists for CNN, Reuters, The New York Times, Journalism Co UK, Mediacorp, Radio Free Europe, Hindustan Times, Channel News Asia, BILD, InterNews, and VRT public broadcasters.
His certificate courses (hosted by the Smart Film School) are used by journalism schools and media organizations worldwide.
• Former editor: Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times
• Journalism professor
• Digital Transformation consultant for United Nations, Reuters Foundation, Red Cross, IREX, WAN-IFRA, and HT Media.
• Filmmaker / Winner of Film Festivals in L.A., Berlin and Milan.
• Chair, Mobile Journalism Awards
Smartphone Video Storytelling (2018 Taylor & Francis, New York & London)
Videos mit dem Smartphone (2019 dPunkt Verlag - German language edition)
Mobile Journalism (2020 Visual Editors, Chicago)