- 10.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build a 3D game in Unity®.
- Code in C#.
- Use Blender and navigate its interface.
- Build 3D models in Blender.
- UV map and unwrap your models.
- Integrate the art from Blender into Unity®.
- Build video game levels.
- Create your own materials.
- Learn the basics of animation.
- Programs Blender, Unity, Photoshop, Crazy Bump & Gimp
- This course was recorded on a Mac computer, but you can use a PC.
In this course, you learn how to build a game using portals with Unity® and Blender. This course is unique because we make both the code and the art for the game from scratch. We teach you the fundamentals of designing, coding, and modeling a 3D game. ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
First you design the game and its functionality in Unity®. You learn how to code in C# and build video game levels. Don't worry if you've never coded before. We start simple and add more to the game as the course goes on.
Unity® is one of the most popular platforms in game development. You can use Unity® to build 2D and 3D games. Unity® is cross-platform, which means it is easy to use with other platforms.
Then you create the 3D models for the game in Blender. You build all the art assets for the game. You learn how to integrate your art from Blender into Unity®.
Blender, like Unity®, is a popular production suite that is free to download. Blender is a revolutionary tool for making 3D art digitally. With Blender, you can make art assets for games, like we do in this course.
Even if you're not an artist, you can make basic art models. You may have heard of Axiom Verge and Stardew Valley. These games are million-dollar successes. But did you know that only one person made each?
Usually it takes a whole team of people to build a game. But creators Thomas Happ and Eric Barone developed and designed their games by themselves. Now they're millionaires. You can do it, too.
Let's get started!
- Anyone who wants to learn Unity® or Blender.
- Anyone who wants to learn game development.
- This course assumes you know a little about Unity® and Blender