Sports Nutrition for Endurance and Strength Athletes
What you'll learn
- Describe macronutrients, their functions and recommendations.
- Identify and apply appropriate hydration strategies.
- Understand nutritional recommendations for optimizing health.
- Identify classes of nutrients and describe major energy functions.
- Understand basic supplemental dietary types and recommendations.
- Describe the energy systems of the body.
- Explain basal energy expenditure and calculate total daily energy needs.
- Describe methods for measuring body composition.
- Explain the Glycemic Index and identify high and low glycemic foods.
- Apply pre, during and after event nutritional strategies.
- Apply the best practices of nutrient timing.
- No prerequisite knowledge or experience is necessary.
Are you looking to maximize your performance or just last through your workout?
Do you want to learn about nutrient timing?
Ever wonder how to eat and fuel properly before, during and after exercise?
Do you want to know how increase your energy levels?
In this course, we will address those issues and more to help you understand how to properly fuel your way through training all the way up to and post exercise.
This course will teach you how to increase your nutritional knowledge, boost your energy levels and maximize performance, while becoming more educated about your health and well being.
Created for fitness professionals, athletes and non-athletes, this course will focus on macronutrients, micronutrients, hydration, supplementation, energy systems, nutrient timing, creating a nutrition plan and fueling for competition.
You will learn how to master your nutrition and apply it your daily life.
This course will cover everything you need to know including:
- Explanation of macronutrients
- Hydration strategies
- Benefits of supplementation
- Explanation of the muscle energy systems
- Nutrient timing
- Creating a nutrition plan
- Fueling for competition
- and much, much more!
Improve your stamina and performance like you have always wanted!
By the end of this course, you will have mastered nutritional knowledge and be well on your way to improving your performance. You will know how to eat right, understand how the body uses that energy you eat, and put it to good use. You will become more aware and knowledgeable by enrolling today!
Who this course is for:
- This course is great for people looking to improve their own fitness regime AND people interested in applying this knowledge in a professional capacity.
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to fuel for exercise, improve performance or boost energy levels.
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn about nutrient timing.
Hi my name is Jen! As a trainer and golf fitness specialist, I want to inspire and educate you about health and fitness. I'll share with you what I know about fitness to help you meet your goals.
Learn through my online training courses, programs and support from me.
My experience working as a personal trainer, athletic trainer, coach and teacher have enabled me to share what I know with you today.
I also was a collegiate soccer player, triathlete and runner for many years.
I currently have a full time job in IT working with Drupal which is a content management system for websites. On my off time from building online courses and working you will find me on the golf course.
I look forward to having you in class.