Learn SALSA in 5 Hours and Dance Your Way to Fun & Excitement!
What you'll learn
- Basic Steps and New Steps
- Open Shines (show-off moves done separately or with a partner)
- Leader (Male) and Follower (Female) Drills
- Simple and complex Turns and turn patterns
- Partnering Techniques. This is where you put all the pieces of the puzzle together.
- How to vary, change, and stylize each move
- How to do Shoulder Rolls, Shoulder Shakes and/or Shimmies
- How to do Full Body Rolls
- How to do Hip Circles
- How to do Arm Styling
- <b>Shoes:</b> Comfortable shoes with leather or other hard soles that are somewhat slippery and will not catch on carpets or smooth floors. You want to be able to spin and slide... not stick.
- <b>Time (and a commitment) to practice:</b> The work in this course gets more complex with each hour and it is important to be able to practice until you can make each move natural, easy and your own. You're going for "muscle memory". This is a total sensory experience: You have to feel the rhythm, the count, the patterns, the connections, the music and of course, your partner. You will want to "own" each move and PRACTICE/REPETITION is the ONLY way.
- <b>A Practice Partner:</b> You can memorize every step, turn and shine in the world, but until you put it together with a partner, it isn't SALSA! Try to find someone with similar interests and goals as yourself or even someone with more dance experience and remember to ALWAYS HAVE FUN while learning. This should be a happy experience for you.
- <b>A "CAN DO" attitude:</b> SALSA is FUN! It shouldn't be stressful or competitive. Work at your own pace... Take as much time as you need for each hour, but enjoy yourself! Feel the magic of the movement and the music! This course can really change your life!
Don't Wait Another Minute -- Start Dancing Salsa TODAY!
Have you always wanted to learn SALSA or improve your SALSA technique? Do you want to impress your friends at your favorite gathering or family function? Burn calories and get in shape while dancing and having FUN??? Build confidence and improve your social life?
SEAON STYLIST-BRISTOL, a master teacher with more than 15 years of experience breaks SALSA down into a series of simple, basic, steps, moves and turns that fit together like pieces of a puzzle. He has been teaching, choreographing and performing his unique SALSA techniques and stylings all over the world at SALSA events, festivals and congresses. Now, in this brand new introductory course he will teach YOU everything you need to know to get started having fun and dancing at any Latin Dance Club or SALSA event locally, or anywhere in the world! Once you learn the basics, there will be no stopping you!
It's been proven beyond a doubt: SALSA dancing is one of the happiest ways to meet people, spend a night out on the town or even throw a party with friends. SALSA is known for its high energy, hot and even sexy moves, but it doesn't stop there. It's also energetic, rhythmic and an ever-growing, equal-opportunity, worldwide movement and phenomenon that never gets old, never discriminates and never goes out of style!
The course includes 5 hour-long videos, each one containing 5 or 6 segments, each segment teaching 1 to 3 new moves or combining moves learned previously, plus many extras
Who this course is for:
- This course is for ANYONE who has ever wanted to learn SALSA, age 8 to 88. Total beginners and dancers with some experience will LOVE this course and Seaon's unique style of teaching.
- ANYONE looking for an easy and fun way to meet that special someone for dancing, dating or just having fun! Guys who want to meet girls, Girls who want to meet guys or any other combo.
- Experienced dancers who want to brush up on their technique and learn some new moves.
- ANYONE who wants to tone their body, get in shape and burn calories without knowingly doing exercise. When you dance SALSA, perspiration is inevitable and if you're out on the dance floor you're probably NOT eating.
- If you want to change your life, immerse yourself in a new culture, find physical (instead of virtual) ways to express your inner feelings and passions, smile more and connect to something very real, palpable, exciting and always fun.
OnSean Zion/AKA Seaon has been a world traveling and well-known SALSA dancer, choreographer and instructor for more than 15 years. His unique dance styling ability and reputation, both as a leader and a follower, earned him the nickname Seaon "Stylist" - and it stuck. As an innovative dancer, OnSean's elegance, grace, and pure rhythmic interpretation is much admired and copied. As an instructor, his care and detailed attention to musicality, turn patterns, and footwork demands precision and concentration from his students. As a choreographer and performer, he routinely offers one-of-a- kind dance exhibitions whenever he appears. He has participated in many international SALSA festivals as a performer, choreographer, judge and instructor, including repeat appearances in many cities including Berlin, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Las Vegas, Tokyo, Seoul, Los Angeles, San Diego, Miami and San Francisco.
OnSean (pronounced On-Shawn) is a true reflection of his innate talent and his upbringing. Born and reared in Georgetown, the Capital city of Guyana, he was always a natural singer and dancer and was much in demand as a soloist in church, even as a small child. He moved to NYC as a teenager and began his professional singing and dance training in earnest. In addition to private coaching as a singer, he trained in dance with the Razz M Tazz Dance Company, the Eddie Torres Dance Company and many others.
Although Guyana is in South America, it is the only English-speaking country on the continent and it is more a part of the same cultural and geopolitical family as Trinidad, Barbados, Jamaica and the other English-speaking, Caribbean islands. Nevertheless, thanks to the availability of movies and cd’s, OnSean became enamored of SALSA when he was very young through exposure to movies like “Dirty Dancing”, “Come Dance With Me” and “Salsa”
OnSean's newest project, "ROCK WITH YOU, The King of Pop LATIN Style" exposes his strong and beautiful singing voice and music styles and expands his scope and influence beyond the SALSA world into the world of legitimate stage musicals and values. You won't want to miss this metamorphosis.