Learn The Basics of PostgreSQL For Beginners
What you'll learn
- Install PostgreSQL and pgAdmin.
- Understand basics of cloud databases.
- Understand basics of PostgreSQL.
- Create PostgreSQL database instances on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Connect pgAdmin to cloud database (AWS).
- Create PostgreSQL databases and schemas.
- Create and manage users in PostgreSQL.
- Create tables using SQL script.
- Create tables using pgAdmin.
- Learn about different data types available in PostgreSQL.
- Understand Constraints and how to apply them.
- Create primary keys and foreign keys.
- Design relational databases and create relationships between tables in PostgreSQL.
- Generate Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD).
- Import and Export Data using pgAdmin.
- Using a powerful tool called DbVisualizer.
- How to grant privileges in PostgreSQL.
- PostgreSQL (Free)
- pgAdmin (Free)
- DbVisualizer (Free)
Welcome to Learn The Basics of PostgreSQL course, The practical guide to learn the basics of PostgreSQL and pgAdmin.
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system with over 30 years of active development that has earned it a strong reputation for reliability, feature robustness, and performance.
Learning PostgreSQL is one of the best ways to boost your career! As it is getting popular each day and many giant companies are using PostgreSQL as a relational database.
This course will start with you from zero level experience in PostgreSQL and relational databases, starting to level up as we are going through the course. explaining all the questions you maybe asking yourself such as
What is a PostgreSQL? what is relational database? what is a cloud database?
This course will guide you how to install PostgreSQL on a local machine step by step and even how to create your own cloud databases on the one of the most required cloud services providers in the market...Amazon Web Services (AWS).
You will learn what is meant by concepts like DBaaS and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
Some of the points we will be covering :
How to install the PostgreSQL.
How to install and use pgAdmin.
Create databases with PostgreSQL.
Understand what is schema and how to create a schema.
How create tables using SQL script.
How to create tables using pgAdmin.
Use different datatypes available in PostgreSQL.
How to create views.
Understand what does DBaaS mean.
You will learn how to create users to access your database based on specific permissions you gave them.
How to create different constraints.
Create primary keys in PostgreSQL.
Create foreign keys in PostgreSQL.
How to import a bulk of data in and out of your database.
Generate Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) using another powerful tool called DbVisualizer.
Give your CV a huge boost by learning PostgreSQL...do not hesitate enrolling.
Who this course is for:
- Complete beginners, no prior experience is required.
- Anyone want to learn PostgreSQL
- Anyone want to learn relational databases and and be familiar with SQL syntax.
Hello there! My name is Ahmad Mohey I'm a senior full stack developer. I have been developing applications for the last 10 years and I hope more years of creative developing to come. I have been developing applications for oil and gas industry and the financial and human resources departments for many companies.
I love to learn about new technologies and what’s new in the world of development as it’s growing rapidly, I love to help people learn and solve their problems. I believe, we all shall share our knowledge and pass it to each others.
The path to become a developer or a programmer is never easy but it is not that hard, You just need to keep going and do not quit and always think of any skill you have now, remember that you did not master it from the first time, you had to keep trying to master it.
Far from the software world I love photography and you can check my photographs on my page on facebook or 500px website, I am passionate about learning management and emotional intelligence and I attended many courses about management, negotiations and leadership.
I love traveling a lot,I love to see new places, cities, countries, cultures and people if I were to choose one thing to continue doing the rest of my life I would choose traveling.
One last thing and I think it might be relevant for me being a developer, is that I love computer games maybe that’s why I love programming :) . I hope one day I will make my own games.
Finally thanks for your time reading about me.