PHP for Beginners Part 1: all code used is fully explained
What you'll learn
- a true PHP for Beginners course with step-by-step lessons
- learn how to code using PHP from a national award-winning teacher
- you will be taken from absolute PHP beginner to confident coder with every step clearly explained
- create dozens of useful PHP scripts
- create a basic hit counter via sessions
- create a bad word filter
- create a 'How many days until Christmas' script
- create and use HTML forms and process the data using PHP
- create, read, update and delete sessions and cookies
- access to regularly updated content including lesson notes, downloadable code, HD quality video tutorials, and quizzes
- 25 PHP coding challenges (more added regularly) with full video solutions and downloadable PHP code
- access real world coding challenges and examples including full video solutions and downloadable code
- manipulate words and sentences (strings) using string functions
- use mathematical operators to solve practical problems e.g. calculate the area of a circle if the user inputs the radius or diameter
- use loops to simplify processes
- use conditional statements to test properties and action processes based on the result
- create and use simple arrays and solve problems involving array functions
- use associative arrays and manipulate them using array functions
- use PHP internal functions and create your own
- use the date() function to perform calculations based on date
- a tutor who responds quickly to questions and who regularly updates the course
- 30 day money back guarantee!
- ...and much more!
- Have access to a computer with internet connection and browser
- Some HTML and CSS knowledge would be beneficial but the tutor will explain everything as he goes
- If you wish to use the downloadable code snippets then you should know how to open a zip file.
- A functioning PHP development environment of your choice. E.g. Visual Studio Code with MAMP/XAMMP.
REGULARLY UPDATED PHP FOR BEGINNERS COURSE
FREE access to the first 4 sections of the course. I strongly encourage you to watch the first 4 sections before you join.
Every line of code used is explained
Full support with all questions answered promptly
7 hours of video content
Students consistently say how much they LOVE this course due to its unique delivery method and challenges which enable you to use your new skills immediately. Join over 6000 other students who have successfully learnt to code in PHP by enrolling in this course.
STUDENT SUCCESS STORY: From a grade D to A-
"Hello and thank you, Professor Patrick! I want to Thank you for all your support and help. I received an 'A-' for the course I was taking [at university]. Some people would say that was not good. But they have no idea how much I was struggling. And with your course and help my grade came up from a 'D' to the given grade [A-]. I'm still going using your course to keep my mind skilled in the information. Which I think is best so I will not forget how to perform and execute the information properly. Professor Patrick I truly cannot thank you enough!" Adrienne Stiger
This PHP for beginners course introduces you to PHP through carefully crafted examples and fully worked tasks. Learning by doing is what this course is all about. You will experience real world examples of PHP code use.
Have you seen other courses that use complex terms or that jump steps and leave you thinking "why did that just happen"? You won't find that with this course because every line of code is explained and is very easy to follow.
This course has been designed with the coding beginner in mind or those who may have picked up bad habits and wish to refresh their coding skills.
On hand to help and guide you is a renowned national award-winning teacher who has taught 1000s of students over a career of over 25 years.
Highlights of this course include:
Full code from every example and mini task shared with you online
Carefully crafted challenges and full solutions with FULL explanations of every line
Demonstration of a shared coding environment
Dozens of real world examples with more added on a regular basis
A tutor who cares about his students
Regular updates and new challenges
Every line of code is explained in full detail to ensure that you can progress from absolute beginner to competent coder very quickly.
I am so confident that you will enjoy the course that I have provided FREE access to the first 4 sections. If you like my style then and want to continue to learn then JOIN NOW and follow the remainder of the course.
STUDENT REVIEW: " Amazing"
STUDENT REVIEW: "I’ve enrolled in many courses here on Udemy and to be honest I’ve abandoned most of them because they are like entertainment to me. I classify them as entertainment because knowledge without action is entertainment. This course is outstandingly different, since as you learn you’re challenged to act on that knowledge. I’m now a better programmer as a result of taking this course, previously I used to struggle with transferring my real world logic to computer code. I’m in no way saying that I’m an expert now but my thought process has been adjusted due to Mr. Morrow’s effective teaching method."
STUDENT REVIEW: "This was my first intro to php (in preparation for the php section of my coding bootcamp class I'm currently enrolled in), and the instructor explained everything really well. The pace was just right (for me). I already purchased his php part 2 course, so I can't wait to get into that! Excellent course, content, and instructor!"
STUDENT REVIEW: "Enjoyed this course and learned quite a bit, having the challenges to do, made me use my brain. Excellent instruction. Thank you Patrick. Now time to move onto your next course on PHP and MySQL."
STUDENT REVIEW: "Excellent beginner course, with practical and realistic tasks. Very efficient"
STUDENT REVIEW: "Now that I completed the course, I must say this is one of the best online courses that I participated in.The material is represented systematically, step by step and really every line of code is explained. The good practices are encouraged and as a content the really qualitative ground basic knowledge is taught. What really impressed me is that every example seems thoughtfully prepared in advance, no meaningless examples can be found, like in some other courses. The author encourages self development and the tasks are carefully prepared, to confirm the knowledge taught and to develop thinking and skills. I am really impressed!"
The above are just a few of many 1000s of positive reviews. I encourage you to follow the first 4 sections of this course FREE of charge to see if it matches your needs and preferred learning style. If it does then join the full course and follow the remainder of the course with full support.
THE DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT
IMPORTANT: Please read carefully
You are free to use ANY development environment including the one that you are already using (if any). In this course, I show you how to download and install Visual Studio Code and MAMP (both of which are FREE and available for Mac and Windows).
If you are unsure about which code editor option is best for you then I encourage you to contact me and I will be happy to discuss the options with you.
You can also follow this course using your own preferred code editor.
Once again, using Visual Studio Code with MAMP is OPTIONAL. You can use ANY suitable development environment of your choosing.
MY PROMISES TO YOU
As a registered teacher (yes, I teach in a real classroom every day), I strongly believe it is my job to ensure you feel totally supported when taking my classes. I therefore promise the following:
to respect you as a student and individual with your own learning needs
to be courteous and polite in our interactions
to answer your questions about the course content promptly
to fix any issues you may encounter with the lessons
to respond promptly to feedback
I really do look forward to welcoming you to this course. I am confident you will enjoy the approach of learning what each line of code actually means.
Join the course today.
Who this course is for:
- No PHP coding experience is required - this is a true PHP for Beginners course
- Complete beginners to PHP are welcome and encouraged to enrol
- Anyone interested in learning PHP at a basic to intermediate level
- If you are looking to learn complex Object Oriented Programming (OOP) then this course is NOT for you
Patrick Morrow is a national award-winning teacher (Outstanding Teacher of the Year) who has over 30 years of coding experience. He has been featured in the Financial Times, Computer Weekly, ISP World, and other publications. His teaching frameworks have been used by Her Majesty's inspection team as examples of best practice. Patrick still teaches in the classroom and uses his wealth of experience to find ways for students to maximise their potential. If you want to learn PHP then his PHP for Beginners course has been followed by over 8000 students and is perfect for beginners.