Crisis Leadership - Winston Churchill
What you'll learn
- Embrace the truism that the people you lead in a crisis are less interested in what you say and more concerned with how you make them feel
- Develop your own metaphor as a shorthand for your personal leadership style
- Recognise your own personal leadership style at the emotional level
- Spot at the gut level where your leadership can improve
- Develop leadership skills by transforming the metaphors you use to describe your leadership
- Transform yourself from the inside to the outside
- Spot repeating patterns and learn where they come from
- Benchmark your performance against Churchill's
- Get an introduction to the transformative power of Symbolic Modelling
- Use symbolic language to communicate and inspire
- Learn about the events amd psychology of the life of Sir Winston Churchill
- Recognise the repeating patterns in your thinking and behaviour
- Appreciate that crisis leadership is about being comfortable with ambiguity
- Know how to use the Send a Message feature in Udemy
- Keep a note pad on hand to capture your thoughts
- Sketch out with graphic symbols your own inner psychocative landscape
This course is for people giving serious thought to improving their leadership style and especially their crisis leadership. Only you will know how crisis affects you and where change is required. We use a new technique called Symbolic Modelling, devised by James Lawley and Penny Tompkins, to help you model the mind of the greatest exemplar of crisis leadership - Sir Winston Churchill.
Specific scenarios from Churchill's life are illustrated with public domain footage from the period, his speeches and quotes from his books. You are asked to consider your emotional reactions to the events and to reflect upon them at the symbolic or metaphorical level. A key question in this exercise is "And all that's like what?"
A fundamental principle of Symbolic Modelling is that you already possess all the inner resources you need to self correct your thinking and behaviour. All you need is to have your attention drawn to aspects of your thought landscape and to muse relectively on the dynamics of your mind.
Once you are comfortable with your symbolic relationship with crisis leadership, we help you to spot repeating patterns and think about improved outcomes by asking "What would you like to have happen?"The course demands a lot of deep contemplation. Once the process starts change will take place at a subtle level and in unpredictable ways. Be ready to capture any of the effects of change. We are always on hand to provide support. The course content lasts over an hour but the impact and our interest supporting you does not end with the course but lasts for the duration until you can sense recognisable improvement to the point of transformation.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people giving serious though to their leadership style and especially their way of operating in a crisis
- It helps to have leadership experience but it's not vital
Courses to help you improve covering:
* Influencing Skills
* Communication Skills
* Public Speaking
* Stress Management
* Handling Feedback
* Business Writing
* Decision Making
* Dyslexia at Work
* Alcohol Misuse
Affordable and accessible any time and any place.
You can learn in total privacy.
We are on-hand to offer personal support via Skype or Zoom should you need it. We've been where you are now.
Preview our courses before you enrol today.
About Peter Urey.
Trained to advanced level in personal coaching techniques including Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling, Hoshin Planning, Business NLP and HP's Leadership Development Programme.
Experienced coach for Hewlett Packard, Symantec, Canon, Epson plus many more.
Educated in Law at University of Oxford.
Aged 60, married 33 years, 3 adult children.
Student of Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling under Marian Way, author of Clean Approaches for Coaches.
Black Belt in Karate.