IT Support/HelpDesk Fundamentals - 9 Topics in one course!
What you'll learn
- This is a foundation course designed keeping a beginner in mind. This course covers following 9 topics in a vendor independent and fundamental level.
- Computer: Hardware, BIOS/UEFI & Operating System
- Network: MAC, IP, Subnet, Gateway, MAC address Table, DHCP, ARP, DNS, Ports, Packets, NAT, Internet, Firewall & Port Forwarding
- Server: Server Vs Computer, Server Roles - DHCP, DNS, IAM, File, Web and Application Server
- Printer: Inkjet, Laser & Thermal printers, USB & Network Printer, Print Path - Application to Printer
- Virtualization: Concept, Type1/Bare metal & Type2/Hosted
- VoIP: Concept, SIP & RTP Protocol, SIP Server, SIP Phone
- Backup & Disaster Recovery: Concept, Onsite, Offsite & Cloud Backup
- Cloud Storage: Concept, Options available
- Security: CIA Triad of Security, Computer & Network Security
- Troubleshoot Issues: Troubleshooting 101 - Best practices
- Basic user of computer and the internet
- No specific prerequisites as the course is designed for a beginner
What this course is about
This course aims to teach you the fundamentals of 9 critical IT Topics in a simple and brain-friendly way.
This is the place to start if are aiming for an IT Support/HelpDesk/Technician career. At the end of this course, you will be able to confidently apply for jobs and ace interviews. If you are already working in an IT role, you will be able to progress forward in your career by cementing your foundations. These fundamentals will bring clarity to many functions that you already do on a daily basis and propel you to be the technician everyone looks up to.
Why you should choose this course over others.
You may find dozens of courses on Udemy and other platforms that focus on individual technologies and their certifications - while they are good and cover topics in depth, they may not be what you need when you start. When you start, all you need are the basics - once you get some experience, that's when you should start focusing on the details and getting certified. Sadly, that is not how most courses or books are designed to teach IT. If you ask me, this is one of the reasons why people think IT is hard. All they see are these topics over topics and courses over courses that try to explain every topic in unnecessary detail. In reality, it's very easy to learn and master IT - Let me show you how.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to start their career as IT Support/HelpDesk/Technician
- Anyone attending an interview for IT Support/HelpDesk/Technician role
- Existing IT Professionals looking to consolidate fundamentals
I am an IT Consultant with over 6 years of experience in IT. In those 6 years , I have worked in a range of roles, starting as IT Help Desk to IT Technician, Senior IT Engineer and finally IT Consultant role that I am in right now. Across these roles I have worked with a variety of technologies, vendors and experts to provide the best value to my customers.
Having started from an entry level IT role myself, I know what it feels like on Day 1 and also on Day 1000. I know what is expected from an IT professional - I have been and am in that shoes now.
My mission is to break IT topics that have been traditionally seen as complex to small brain friendly chunks. IT isn't as complex as it looks - let me prove it to you through my courses.