Introductory Tai Chi: Learn the "Easy" way!
What you'll learn
- Perform sixteen of the beginning forms of Yang style Tai Chi.
- Employ some of the same moves endorsed by the Arthritis Foundation that provides pain relief.
- Improve your balance and to prevent falls
- Decreased Stress
- Move in a more elegant and self-assured way.
- Find an improvement in your strength, endurance, and aerobic capacity.
- No Special Requirements as these forms are practiced in the comfort and privacy of your home.
- A need to find out how Tai Chi can improve the quality of your life.
- A desire to learn a beautiful and graceful Chinese art form that dates back to the 1600’s.
- An awareness that millions of people around the world practice Tai Chi for the benefits that it brings them and what it can bring to you.
For the last few years, Holland America Cruise Lines has invited Sui Huang to be their Guest Tai Chi Instructor to teach Tai Chi (a/k/a Taiji in China) and Qi Gong to their passengers on their Grand Cruises lasting several months at a time.
She found that the “Easy Taiji” worked as well for most all of the passengers who had no previous experience as did her regular students. It is the same course now being offered at Udemy.
Compared to other forms of fitness workouts, Tai Chi is one of the gentler ones you will find. The easy, slow, flowing movements enable people to enjoy its benefits well into their golden years.
Tai Chi is essentially a slow form of a Chinese Martial Art practiced by millions of people around the world because it has been shown to be helpful for many of the ailments that can affect your body.
In China, it is believed that Tai Chi can delay aging and prolong life, increase flexibility, strengthen muscles and tendons, and aid in the treatment of heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis, Alzheimer’s, dementia, depression, and many other illnesses.
Tai Chi is often described as “meditation in motion,” but it might as well be called “medication in motion.” This mind-body practice can help treat or prevent many age-related health problems. And, it may be the perfect activity for the rest of your life.
With Tai Chi, not only do you learn a new skill, but it has been scientifically proven that some of the movements have been shown to benefit people suffering from Arthritis. Even if you don't have Arthritis, the moves are good exercise and will increase your fitness.
You can get started with Tai Chi even if you aren’t in top shape. This gentle form of exercise is slow and doesn’t leave you breathless, yet it addresses the key components of fitness—muscle strength, flexibility, balance, and, to a lesser degree, aerobic conditioning.
Since everyone’s body functions a bit different, her method of teaching involves showing you the moves as they “should be” performed, however, you are encouraged to do the moves in the most comfortable way your body moves and will allow.
In the course you will learn the following: some of the fundamental moves of the Yang style, how to do the Tai Chi walk, correct breathing and moving procedures, the names of each move, and also learn a little Chinese in the process.
Sui is here to help you enjoy a centuries old Chinese tradition of maintaining your health…..fitness….. and flexibility. So don’t delay in achieving your goals! Get started learning now….. the Easy way!
Sign up Today!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners. No prior experience is needed.
- People who are tired of being a couch potato and/or need or want to improve their fitness.
- People who have postponed lessons for lack of an experienced instructor who can provide world-class instruction.
- People who need a gentle form of physical therapy that can be performed without any mechanical aids.
- People who see the beauty of the art form and want to become a part of it.
- People who see the benefits it offers and want to gain those benefits.
- It is “NOT” for people who have limited mobility or are unable to stand. However, a course will be offered in the near future for these people.
Sui began her Yang Style Tai Chi training in the 70's in her hometown FoShan, China and reached a high level of competence. In 1990, Sui moved to US and became an American citizen after. She studied and furthered her training in Tai Chi and Qi Gong with Master Wei Lun Huang in Miami. She later moved to Venice, FL.
She Teaches Tai Chi locally in Venice and being an instructor on Holland America Cruise ships every year since 2013. You can see her trips at her website.
Sui is an energetic, ebullient and gregarious person who is very creative and artistic. She enjoys performing at events and gatherings to encourage people to see the beauty of the forms and make them aware of the benefits that Tai Chi can bring to their lives.
In the Covid-19 times being distancing, she starts teach online with Zoom.
She created 7 course last year teaching Tai Chi and Qigong forms, Joint Pain Relief, Fall Prevention...etc. They can be seen on her Asian Wellness With Sui site. She will put the courses on Udemy later on.
If you want to learn how you can follow the path of wellness and to use the natural ability of your body to heal itself, it will benefit you to taking some of these courses.