Introduction to World Machine
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create high resolution, highly detailed terrains for rendering or game development.
- Texture terrains based on World Machine's masking and coloring devices.
- Gain confidence in which node achieves the desired result.
- Assemble macros to simplify terrain construction and keep graphs clean.
- Understand what all the values within all the nodes actually do to the terrain.
This lecture covers the basic user interface from moving and zooming with the mouse, to describing the options and panels that are available, opening projects, preferences, etc.
This lecture covers the view where you'll do the most work. You'll drop nodes, connect them, select them, and modify their properties. You'll learn what outputs, inputs, masks, and parameters are. You'll learn how to modify the preview color, change the lighting, freeze node previews, and more.
- If you don't own the Professional version of World Machine, you can download the Basic edition at http://www.world-machine.com. This course does not require the Pro version.
- Some files are required for some lectures of the course. They are included.
- Source project files are included.
"Introduction to World Machine" covers everything you need to put you on a solid foundation to construct your own high quality terrains for film or video games.
Guaranteed to be the most exhaustive fundamental overview of World Machine's toolset online, I'll cover the effects of each node and how it can be used, and we'll give special coverage on the Advanced Perlin and Layout generators as well as Macro construction. No philosophy here or long-winded explanations; just functional and practical instruction to help you achieve your goals. Once complete, you'll also learn how easy it is to take your World Machine creation, texture it, and bring it into the Unity 5 engine.
At the end of the course, you will not just learn World Machine, you'll understand how other procedural texturing systems can benefit you.
A licensed copy of World Machine is not required!
- This course is aimed at those who want to understand, not just learn, World Machine.
- No prior knowledge of World Machine is assumed, but those with some familiarity will also benefit from the course.