Introduction to Trigonometry (Algebra 2 Unit 14)
- A video player is necessary (mp4)
- Headphones or a way to listen to the provided audio
- Geometry knowledge
This unit is the first in a High School Algebra 2 curriculum. It teaches basic trigonometric concepts so that they can be applied to algebra 2 concepts later on. It can be taken by traditional high school students as well as High School Equivalency (HSE) students who are learning about geometric topics for their equivalency exams (GED, TASC, and/or HiSET).Topics include:
(1) Introduction to Trigonometry
(2) Special Right Triangles in Trigonometry
(3) The Other Three Trig Functions
(4) Solving Trig Problems
(5) Angles of Elevation and Depression
Each section has a related video, a video quiz, and a section quiz. The video quiz is to be taken along with or shortly after watching the video. The section quiz is to be taken after. To supplement the course, you can use any textbook.
This course should take approximately five to ten hours to complete.
Who this course is for:
- Current Algebra 2 students
- Algebra 2 teachers who would like additional resources
- HSE/GED students studying for the HSE exams (GED, TASC, HiSET)
I am a High School Math and High School Equivalency teacher in Las Vegas, Nevada. I also teach math and math methods courses at various colleges and universities in the Las Vegas Valley area.
I have degrees in math and science education, and recently obtained my Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction: Mathematics Education from UNLV.