Teach Online: Introduction to Online Education
What you'll learn
- What is education? What types of education we have today?
- What is online education?
- Learn some key point about development of online education
- Make a good pedagogical dispositive
- How to choose teaching approach, methods and techniques?
- How to start your teaching project
- Advice and tips for beginning online teaching project and improving online teaching skills
- A home or mobile device, access to video, quizzes and materials should all through your device.
- No additional programs are required
This course will help you understand some basics about online education, its development and usage. With this course, you will have an opportunity to define, analyze, explore and consider educational prompts that will help you to orientate your future pedagogical dispositive, give educational order and length by the purpose of your online teaching projects.
I combine multiple methods to explain what and how the process works. Main concepts of learning theory are included and numerous examples are given with tips about teaching, no matter, would teach in synchronous or asynchronous way, in a small or a big scale, therefore I gave a frame, concept and a context from the perspective of educational sciences.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn something about online education and online teaching
- Educators and all of those who wants to become it, or wants to support learning
I am a teacher, language trainer, teacher's coach, mentor, doctor of education, an educational scientist, adviser and author. I went to teacher training high school, after what I study literature at Sarajevo University, Faculty of Philosophy. In a in a field of educational science, I did my master studies at Zenica University, Pedagogical faculty and my doctoral studies at Sarajevo University, Pedagogical Faculty and University of Jyväskylä. After my doctoral studies, I got a certificate in TOESL (by Arizona University, USA) and Bilingual Brain (By Houston University, USA), and continue studying languages online (Italian, Spanish, Turkish)
All my life I have been trained "to be the best teacher" and "help students achieve their goals", so, I did my best. I worked for 5 years in secondary and high school, where I taught south Slavic language(s) and literature. Later on, I worked for a while as an Expert Associate in the Education Research at the Methodology Departments as well as a reviewer for educational research for Journals on 4 continents. I was active in the fields of project coordination, curriculum development, workshops for self-esteem development and programs for intercultural sensitivity and competence.
Since 2012 onwards I have been an online language teacher, coach and adviser at the online language platforms and a founder and president of The Association of Online Educators.