Introduction to Blender 2.79 Animation Tools
What you'll learn
- Learn to use the animation tools and editors found in Blender 2.79
- Download, install, and set up Blender for 3D animation
- Understand the main concepts of CG Animation
- Learn to use Blender’s 3D View, Timeline, Dope Sheet, Graph, and NLA Editors to create and adjust your animation
- Use other animation tools in Blender to complete your animated shot
- Bring audio and video footage into Blender to use as animation reference
- Render your shot to see it played back in real time
- You will need a computer capable of running the latest stable version of Blender
- An internet connection is required to download Blender and the character rig used in the course
Introduction to Blender 2.79 Animation Tools is designed to get you familiar with and comfortable using the tools and resources within Blender that you can use for animating. This course begins by covering the process for installing and working within the application. Then, we review the principles of computer animation and take an in-depth look at Blender's animation editors and tools that can be used to create your animation. Finally, we look at methods for using reference audio and video and rendering tests of your work.
This course covers:
How to download and install Blender
Setting up Blender and customizing the user interface
Key concepts of computer animation
Using the 3D View Editor for animation
The Timeline Editor
The Dope Sheet Editor
The Graph Editor
The NLA Editor
Other animation tools available in Blender
How to import audio and video to use as reference
Rendering animation footage to review in real time
When you're done with this course, you will have a solid understanding of how to use Blender to create your animations!
*** This course is based on the current stable release of Blender, version 2.79b. Updates will be made to address the animation tools in Blender 2.80 once that version becomes more stable ***
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginning animators who want to learn the editors and tools in Blender designed specifically for animation.
Hi, I'm Tom Burnley. I've been passionate about animation and animated short film production since I was a kid.
After college, grad school, and years of working in the corporate world as a technical project manager and sales engineer, I decided to officially learn to animate. I studied this amazing art form with Animsquad under some of the best animators working at Disney, Dreamworks, and Pixar. The time learning from these amazingly talented artists was two of the most rewarding years of my life!
I learned the animation process using Autodesk Maya. However, after developing my animation knowledge and experience, I began applying these techniques in Blender. Now, Blender is my primary 3D application for creating digital art and animation.
I decided to start my website, Pixcimation, as a way to provide information and resources for aspiring animators and filmmakers. My approach is to mix animation principles with structure and creativity to explore the best approaches to making animated short films.
I created these courses to help you become a better artist and hope that, by learning to accomplish this in Blender, you will grow to love animating!