Intro to Unity 3D Physics: Helicopters
- 17.5 hours on-demand video
- 16 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will have the experience to work with Rigidbodies in a controllable way
- You will have a complete code base to develop any type of Helicopter controller
- You will better understand why helicopters fly and the physics behind them.
- You will Learn the Beginnings of Editor Scripting
- You will learn how to set up a flexible Input System
- You will learn about C# concepts such as Inheritance, Interfaces, Properties, and Namespaces
- You will gain a better understanding of Organizing your Unity projects
- You will gain an insight of how to begin to plan out a Unity Project or Unity System
- You will learn to build a re-usable Weapon System
- You will learn how to build two types of cameras with re-usable code
While this course does go through some beginner Unity workflows and information, it is good to have an understanding of unity, from a basic level. That being said, watch this lecture and learn more about the per-requisites needed for this course.
Alright! Lets take a look at the current state of the course! this lecture will give you a full walk through of where the course is at for early access.
The Asset Pack used in the Demo level: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/trees/polygon-nature-pack-120152
To start off our Heli physics project we need to get a few things setup first. Lets take a few minutes and get our Unity Project set up and lets install the Indie-Pixel framework to help us automate laborious tasks.
Lets do a quick review of what we are going to be covering throughout this section. If you are already familiar with the Unity Rigidbody then this section will be a review for you. You are more than welcome to skip it, but I would highly recommend watching the section on hovering. Thanks!:-)
Drag is the force that is produced when moving. It is caused by the density of the air and the surface of the object moving through the air. Its effect is a slowing of the object as it moves faster and faster through the dense air. We will learn how to apply drag and how to control it based off of the speed of our object.
- A basic Knowledge of Unity 3D and its Interface
- Unity 2017 to Unity 2018 is required
- A Beginner Level Understanding of C#
In this course you will learn how to create a helicopter controller from scratch. You will learn how to create the physics necessary to generate realistic and arcady helicopter flight mechanics. You will also learn how to set up your Unity project in efficient ways, how to create Editor Scripts, and how to use the Unity Rigidbody to its fullest.
You also receive two helicopter models and the contents of the Unity project, to give you a head start on your helicopter games!
By the end of the course you will have gained knowledge about Helicopter physics, unity project organization, C# programming, Unity VFX, how to create a weapon system, how to create a camera system, how to create an audio system, and much more! Enroll today and start flying the friendly skies in you very own helicopter!
- A beginner to intermediate Unity user who would like to know more about Physics in Unity
- A unity user who would like to gain a better understanding of Unity's Rigidbody
- Anyone who is interested in wanting to build a Helicopter game in Unity
- Anyone interested in learning how to make a Desert Strike type Game
- A beginning Unity user who wants to know more about Project Organization and Editor Scripting