Information Security for IT Professionals
What you'll learn
- Fundamentals of Information Security
- Technical, Administrative and Physical Aspects of Information Security
- Holistic Approach towards information security for an Organisations
- Fundamentals of Hacking
- Protection against Cyber Attacks
- Roles of department and stakeholders in securing organisations
- Insight into certifications in Information Security field
- Information Security challenges in the world of emerging technologies like IoT, Cloud computing.
- Do's and Dont's to protect resources of organisation.
- Understanding Cryptography
- Understanding Information security misconceptions
- Understanding Vulnerabilities and Threats
- Understanding various attack types and vectors
- Understanding information security controls
- Understanding Business continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery
- Understanding Identity Management
- Understanding secure coding practices
- Understanding Advance Persistent Threat and Ransomware
- Understanding Defence in Depth and Protection measures.
- Basic knowledge of computers , Internet and Information Technology
- Interest in the information security area
- Preferably basic knowledge in the Systems area
The course is designed for students who are interested in the area of information security and want to make their career in this area. Also this course is useful to organisations that are concerned about the information security of their organisation and wants to train their employees in this area. It is also helpful as a refresher course for the information security professionals and will help those people who just concentrate on "Ethical Hacking" aspect of information security that too from technical perspective.
It will be beneficial for employees that are in the job role of "SysAdmin" , "System Engineer" and ofcourse people working in the managerial role in IT.
This course provides holistic approach towards information security for organisations as it covers Management , Administrative and physical aspect of information security in addition to the technical aspect which people tend to concentrate more.
It talks about real world scenarios, examples and tools that are used for attacks and protection in addition to the theoretical knowledge thus providing a blend of both the factors.
This course is designed by taking into consideration the real world experience over a period and keeping in mind the practicality.
It is designed "A mile wide, an inch deep", thus touching most of the topics from organisations ' information security perspective and to make sure that it provides right pointer and directions for explicit further study for those who want to deep dive into particular area of interest.
I am very sure that this course will assist you in getting into "Information Security" related job roles for beginners as well as intermediate level employees.
Who this course is for:
- Information Technology Students
- Information Technology Professionals
- Beginner in IT Security
- Management People
- Information Security Enthusiast
Area of Competency:
1. Information Awareness Program
2. Information Security Workshop
3. Cyber crime investigation and Digital Forensics
4. Information Security Management System
5. Wireless Network Security Workshop
CISSP September 10, 2011
RHCE Oct 7, 2008 (Certificate Number - 805008015434538)
CCNA June 24, 2002
MCP July 26, 2003
Honours and Awards:
• “Exceptional contribution in IT infrastructure services”: Persistent Systems
• Certificate of appreciation “Excellent performance as Team Lead”: Kace (Dell,USA)
• Programme committee member – Govt Polytechnic College.
XSS - A powerful way of exploiting Web based Applications,[HACK]in[SIGHT] Magazine
Sniffing and MITM Threats and Countermeasures, [HACK]in[SIGHT] Magazine.
Wrote articles for daily news paper
Regular blog writer on information security topics.
Cyber Security Activities:
Speaker – Cyber Threat Summit (International Cyber Threat task Force)
Speaker - Cyber Summits
Speaker in government events
Conduct guest lectures and workshops for various colleges.