HVAC Lessons Learned
What you'll learn
- Understanding HVAC functions
- What kind of equipment and instruments are required for each HVAC function
- The purpose of major instruments used for HVAC
- Lessons learned from the lecturer's actual experience for EPC projects in Middle East for the recent 10 years
- Basic concept of the trouble shooting for the HVAC system
- How to deal with HVAC commissioning
- Basic understanding of the HVAC system
I tried to put my experience for HVAC systems into this lecture. It includes my know-how I have earned while working as a HVAC engineer for EPC projects in Middle East for major oil refinery and petro-chemical companies since 2010.
I had lots of trouble when I stared work as a HVAC engineer in Qatar in 2010 since there was nobody who let me know about functions of the HVAC system. After finishing 4 EPC projects I get to understand about how to handle the HVAC projects.
I added 14 cases of failure I have encountered while working for EPC projects. After checking them and their solutions, I believe that you will get to know what the HVAC functions are and how to configure them. Furthermore, I hope you would get hints for finding the cause and solution easily and fast when you need to handle the HVAC system with problem.
We will discuss about the equipment and instrument to configure the below HVAC functions during the lecture.
· Air Conditioning
· Controlling Air Quality
· Preventing Fire & Smoke Spread
· Energy Saving
· Noise Control
· Flow Control
And I will explain the requirements for each HVAC function. For example, fire dampers shall get certified from UL to be used an EPC project. And if you have any query, please let me know through feedback or email.
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to understand the HVAC system further
- Students who want to know what kind of works they will do at the actual project
- Beginner level of HVAC engineers
- Engineers willing to understand about the HVAC control system
- Technicians want to know how to find the problem of the HVAC fast and easily
- Engineers need to know what kind of functions HVAC should have
· Working as automation engineer with handling HVAC control system, emergency shutdown system (ESD), electrical control and monitoring system and so on since June. 2007.
· Rich experience in the industrial automation field with several EPC projects in oil and gas plants in the Middle east such as Qatar, UAE, Kuwait and KSA.
· Organized understanding about automatic control systems from hardware to troubleshooting.
· Strong understanding about requirements of tests such as FAT, SAT and start-up including procedures, acceptable quality levels, required documentation, communication test, function test and so on.
· Emerson Climate Technologies (ECT) (2018 – 2019)
· Schneider Electric (2016 – 2017)
· Hyundai Engineering and Construction (HDEC) (2012 - 2016)
· Nara Controls (2010 – 2012)
· Schneider Electric Korea (2007 – 2009)
· June 2018 – Dec. 2019 (Finish except for thesis)
Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT), Perth, Australia
Master’s degree in Industrial Automation
· Mar 1999 – Aug. 2007
Sung Kyun Kwan University, Suwon, Korea
Bachelor’s degree in Information and Communication Engineering
· Building Commissioning Professional Certification (BCxP) of American Society of Heating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) in USA (Sep. 2017)
· Professional Certificate of Competency in Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) of Engineer Institute of Technology (EIT) in Australia (Oct. 2017)
· Engineer Information Processing Certification in Korea (Aug. 2003)