HSE/GED/TASC/HiSET Prep: Math (Unit 1 - Arithmetic)
- Students will need access to a computer and possibly a printer
- They will need headphones or speakers for the videos' audio
This is the First Unit in a series of courses on High School Equivalency Math Prep. The HSE can be obtained by taking the GED, TASC, or HiSET tests depending on the state you live in. All information pertaining to the GED, TASC, HiSET, HSE can be found in the introductory video.
In this course specifically, we will be discussing Place Value, Rounding, and basic Arithmetic. You will learn how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers as well as decimals.
By the end of the unit, you should feel comfortable with all basic arithmetic functions. You should able be able to identify different place values and write numbers from words.
Who this course is for:
- HSE students should take this course
- HSE teachers should take this course for additional/supplemental material
- 10:26HSE Prep Course Introduction
- 02:31Unit 1 Overview
I am a High School Math and High School Equivalency teacher in Las Vegas, Nevada. I also teach math and math methods courses at various colleges and universities in the Las Vegas Valley area.
I have degrees in math and science education, and recently obtained my Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction: Mathematics Education from UNLV.