We live in a society where the focus is often on developing our intellectual and physical abilities. However, we need many more skills to function effectively on a day-to-day basis. In our work, we often encounter very intelligent people who struggle to control their emotions, to build meaningful relationships, to assert themselves with confidence, who cannot cope with stress, resolve conflict or deal with disappointments.
We are two facilitators for this course, Drs Ronél le Roux and Rina de Klerk-Weyer, who both have a Ph.D. We did therapy in our private practices before we realised that it is very important to work pro-actively. Working in this way means that we teach and guide people in learning important life skills that they will be able to use in their personal and professional lives. People who have these skills can apply it before and while they experience problems in their lives.
Our courses is all about Emotional Intelligence. We did extensive research in this area and wrote several self-help books. Since 1998, we facilitated these courses for individuals and groups ranging from homemakers to CEO’s of large companies. We attended and spoke at several international conferences and seminars. We have years of active involvement in people’s lives and we are confident that this program makes a life changing difference in everyone’s life who is open to growth and committed to learn these skills.
We are passionate to share our wisdom and years of experience with you.
During this course, we will guide students to
* understand why their thoughts are so important in their wellbeing as they create their behaviour and emotions
* know where their thinking patterns are coming from
* realize how powerful their thoughts can be
* recognize, reformulate and reprogram their irrational and distorted thinking patterns
* understand where their perceptions/tunnel vision are coming from and how to change them to have a better picture of their lives, world and relationships
* be more tolerant persons when they realize that people's viewpoints differ and why that is acceptable, leading to better relationships and happiness.
Students can download the workbook and do the various activities that will give them insight in their unique thinking patterns. We are available on email to offer support when necessary.